- TR75-54.7 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- TNFRII, TNFR type II, p75, TNFR80, TNFRSF1B
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD120b is a 75 kD type I transmembrane protein, also known as Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor Type II (TNFRII) or p75. It is expressed on a variety of cells at low levels; the expression is upregulated upon activation. This receptor binds both TNF-α and LT-α (also known as TNF-β). In association with TRAF1 and TRAF2, the receptor crosslinking induced by TNF-α or LT-α trimers is critical for signal transduction, leading to apoptosis, NF-kB activation, increased expression of proinflammatory genes, tumor necrosis, and cell differentiation depending on cell type and differentiation state. The TR75-54.7 antibody has been shown to block ligand-induced receptor signaling.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- E. coli -expressed mouse Type II TNFR
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.1 EU/µg of the protein (<0.01 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Block, IP, ELISA Capture, WB - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Flow Cytometry: For most successful immunofluorescent staining results, it may be important to maximize signal over background by using a relatively bright fluorochrome-antibody conjugate or by using a high sensitivity, three-layer staining technique (e.g., including a biotinylated anti-Armenian hamster IgG second step (Cat. No. 405501), followed by SAv-PE (Cat. No. 405204)).
ELISA Capture1: The TR75-54.7 antibody is useful as a capture antibody when paired with the biotinylated TR75-32.4 antibody (Cat. No. 113203/113204) as the detecting antibody.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, Western blotting1, and receptor blocking1. The LEAF™Purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 113302).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Sheehan KC, et al. 1995. J. Exp. Med. 181:607.
AB_313541 (BioLegend Cat. No. 113302)
- TNFR superfamily, 75 kD
- Variety of cell types at low levels
- Apoptosis, NF-κB activation, inflammation, tumor necrosis, cell differentiation
- TNF-α, LT-α (TNF-β)
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Aggarwal BB, et al. 1985. Nature 318 665.
2. Chan FKM, et al. 2000. Science 288:2351.
3. Loetscher H, et al. 1990. Cell 61:351.
4. Rothe J, et al. 1993. Nature 364:798.
- Gene ID
- 21938 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD120b on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this LEAF™/Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.