- M3.2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- AAA, ABETA, ABPP, AD1, APPI, CTFgamma, CVAP, PN-II, PN2, Amyloid beta A4 protein, preA4, protease, peptidase nexin-II, beta-amyloid peptide, alzheimer disease amyloid protein, cerebral vascular amyloid peptide, APP, Amyloid Precursor Protein
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Alzheimer's disease is characterized by the accumulation of aggregated Aβ peptides in senile plaques and vascular deposits. Aβ peptides are derived from amyloid precursor proteins (APP) through sequential proteolytic cleavage of APP by β-secretases and γ-secretases generating diverse Aβ species. Aβ can aggregate to form soluble oligomeric species and insoluble fibrillar or amorphous assemblies. Some forms of the aggregated peptides are toxic to neurons.Product Details
- Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- The epitope has been determined to be within residues 10-15 of murine Aβ.
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
ELISA Detection - Verified
ELISA Capture, IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.005-0.01 µg per ml. For ELISA Detection applications, a concentration range of 1.0-5.0 µg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone M3.2 recognizes a rodent sequence of Aß, ß-CTF, sAPP-a, and full length APP. Clone 3.2 has negligible cross reactivity with human isoforms of APP and beta amyloid.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Morales-Corraliza J, et al. 2009. PLoS One 4(9):e7134. (IP, WB, ELISA Detection)
- Teich AF, et al. 2013. PLoS One 8(2):e55647, 2013. (ELISA Capture, WB)
- Lee Y, et al. 2017. Neuropharmacology. 117:387-400. (ICC)
- Lundgren JL, et al. 2015. J Neurochemistry. 135:606-15. (ICC)
AB_2728532 (BioLegend Cat. No. 805705)
AB_2728533 (BioLegend Cat. No. 805706)
- Amyloid precursor protein is a 770 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of ~100 kD. According to the UniProtKB database, APP (ID# P05067) has 11 isoforms (34 to ~90 kD) and the 770 form has been designated as the canonical form. Isoform APP695 is the predominant form expressed in neuronal tissue. Isoforms APP751 and APP770 are widely expressed in non-neuronal cells. Isoform APP751 is the most abundant form in T-lymphocytes. Aβ denotes peptides of 36-43 amino acids generated from cleavage of APP by secretases. Aβ has an apparent molecular mass of about 4 kD.
Tissue sources: Primarily nervous system, but also adipose tissue, intestine, muscle.
Distribution: Cytosol, endosomes, nucleus, plasma membrane, extracellular, and golgi apparatus.
- The normal function of Aβ is not well understood. Several potential physiological roles have been proposed, including: activation of kinase enzymes; protection against oxidative stress; regulation of cholesterol transport; transcription factor, and as an anti-microbial agent.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Kumar A, et al. 2015. Pharmacol. Rep. 67(2):195.
- Sadigh-Eteghad S, et al. 2015. Med. Princ. Pract. 24(1):1.
- Hampel H, et al. 2015. Expert Rev. Neurother. 15(1):83.
- Puig KL, Combs CK. 2013. Exp. Gerontol. 48(7): 608.
- Selkoe DJ, Hardy J. 2016. EMBO Mol. Med. 8(6):595.
- Walsh DM, Selkoe DJ. 2007. J. Neurochem. 101(5):1172.
- Gene ID
- 351 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about beta-Amyloid, 1-16 on UniProt.org
|Biotin anti-mouse/rat β-Amyloid, 1-16||M3.2||WB, ICC, ELISA|
|Purified anti-mouse/rat β-Amyloid, 1-16||M3.2||WB, ICC, IP, ELISA Detection, ELISA Capture|
|HRP anti-mouse/rat β-Amyloid, 1-16||M3.2||WB, ELISA Detection, ELISA Capture, IP|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.