- 12H12 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Gemin 3, also known as DEAD-box helicase 20 (DDX20), is a putative RNA helicase that contains a conserved ASP-GLU-ALA-ASP (DEAD) motif. Gemin 3 is involved in a variety of cellular processes including initiation of protein translation, ribosome assembly, and alteration of RNA secondary structure. Gemin 3 is one of the core components of the survival of motor neurons (SMN) macromolecule protein complex, which plays an important role in the assembly and re-structuring of small nucleoproteins and transcriptosomes. Gemin 3 may also be involved in cancer as it acts as a tumor suppressor in hepatocellular carcinoma, and as a tumor promoter in breast cancer and prostate cancer2.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.2 - 1.0 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2820162 (BioLegend Cat. No. 865503)
AB_2820163 (BioLegend Cat. No. 865504)
- Gemin 3 is an 824 amino acid protein with an apparent molecular mass of ~ 92 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Testis and ovary
Cellular Distribution: Cytosol, nucleus, and cytoskeleton
- Gemin 3 is a component of SMN macromolecule protein complex.
- SMN, GEMIN4
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, GABAergic Neurons, Glutamatergic Neurons, Mature Neurons, Microglia, Neural Stem Cells, Neurons, Oligodendrocytes
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
- Seng CO, et al. 2015. Hum. Mol. Genet. 24(8):2138.
- Chen W, et al. 2016. Int. J. Mol. Med. 37(6):1551.
- Gene ID
- 11218 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Gemin 3 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.