- 8D4-D6-D11 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- ALDH2, Aldehyde Dehydrogenase 2 Family (Mitochondrial)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
ALDH2 is a member of the aldehyde dehydrogenase family. In the human brain, ALDH2 is the major aldehyde metabolizing enzyme that is essential for the metabolism and detoxification of endogenous and exogenous aldehyde substrates. In line with this, recent studies have reported that ALDH2 level is dysregulated in the brains of patients with Parkinson’s and Alzheimer's diseases, suggesting toxic aldehydes as a contributing factor to neurodegenerative diseases and a potential therapeutic target.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Purified recombinant human ALDH2 fragments expressed in E. coli.
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration of 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2820169 (BioLegend Cat. No. 866804)
- ALDH2 is a 517 amino acid protein with predicted and observed molecular mass of ~ 56 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Mainly expressed in adrenal gland, lung, kidney, and brain
Cellular Distribution: Mitochondrion and cytosol
- Aldehyde metabolizing enzyme that is essential for the metabolism and detoxification of endogenous and exogenous aldehyde substrates.
- Forms homo-tetramers
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, Microglia, Neurons, Oligodendrocytes
- Biology Area
- Mitochondrial Function, Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Aldehyde Dehydrogenases, Mitochondrial Markers
- Antigen References
- Chen CH, et al. 2016. Acta. Neurol. Taiwan. 25(4):111-123.
- Chauhan G, Debette S. 2016. Curr. Cardiol. Rep. 18(12):124.
- Grünblatt E, Riederer P. 2016. J. Neural Transm. (Vienna). 123(2):83-90.
- Gene ID
- 217 View all products for this Gene ID 11669 View all products for this Gene ID 29539 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about ALDH2 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-ALDH2||8D4-D6-D11||WB, IHC-P|
|HRP anti-ALDH2||8D4-D6-D11||WB, IHC-P|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.