- 1B11 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Ly-48, Leukosialin, Sialophorin, Leukocyte Sialoglycoprotein, gp115
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD43, also known as Ly-48, Leukosialin, Sialophorin, Leukocyte Sialoglycoprotein, and gp115, is a large single chain of type I transmembrane glycoprotein with abundant O-glycosylation and sialylation sites. Due to variable glycosylation and sialylation, two isoforms of CD43 have been identified. The 115 kD glycoform of CD43 is expressed on most hematopietic cells including T lymphocytes, NK cells, monocytes, granulocytes, platelets, and CD5+ B cells. It is not present on resting B cells and erythrocytes. While the 130 kD glycoform is thought to be activation-associated form primarily expressed on myeloid cells, pre-B cells, and activated T cells. It has been reported that CD43 binds to CD54 and Siglec-1. CD43 plays dual roles in cell adhesion and anti-adhesion, as well as costimulation of T cell activation and survival, and induction of apoptosis of T cells and hematopoietic progenitors. The 1B11 antibody reacts with the activation-associated glycoform of CD43. The epitope recognized by 1B11 is also shared with desialylated CD45RB. This antibody is useful for differentiation of effector CD8 T cells and memory T cells.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse WEHI 274.3 myeloid tumor cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1,2, Western blotting1,2, and immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen sections.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Jones AT, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. 153:3426. (IP, WB)
- Carlow DA, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 163:1441. (IP, WB)
- Onami TM, et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 168:6022.
- van der Most RG, et al. 2003. Intl. Immunol. 15:119.
- Chu VT, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:5947.
- Lang A, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:4848. PubMed
- Gibbert K, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 185:6179. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_493386 (BioLegend Cat. No. 121206)
- Single chain of type I transmembrane glycoprotein with abundant O-glycosylation and sialylation sites, 115 kD and 130 kD glycoforms with different glycosylation and sialylation
Most hematopoietic cells including peripheral T cells, NK cells, granulocytes, monocytes, thymocytes, platelets, plasma cells, CD5+ B-1 cells and activated B cells, and hemotopoietic progenitor cells.
- Play a dual roles in cell-cell adhesion and anti-adhesion, costimulation of cell activation and survival, induce apoptosis of T cells and hematopoietic progenitors
- CD54, Siglec-1
- Cell Type
- B cells, Granulocytes, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Monocytes, NK cells, Plasma cells, Platelets, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. van den Berg TK, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 166:3637.
2. Moore T, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. 153:4978.
3. Onami TM, et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 168:6022.
4. Tong J, et al. 2004. J. Exp. Med. 199:1277.
5. Jones AT, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. 153:3426.
- Gene ID
- 20737 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD43 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All CD43 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-mouse CD43 Activation-Associated Glycoform
Biotin anti-mouse CD43 Activation-Associated Glycoform
FITC anti-mouse CD43 Activation-Associated Glycoform
PE anti-mouse CD43 Activation-Associated Glycoform
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD43 Activation-Associated Glycoform
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD43 Activation-Associated Glycoform
APC anti-mouse CD43 Activation-Associated Glycoform
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse CD43 Activation-Associated Glycoform
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD43 Activation-Associated Glycoform
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD43 Activation-Associated Glycoform
PerCP anti-mouse CD43 Activation-Associated Glycoform
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD43 Activation-Associated Glycoform
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse CD43 Activation-Associated Glycoform