- 9C8B50 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 5A
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
STAT5 is a member of the signal transducer and activator of transcription factors (STAT) family, mediating growth and cytokine signaling. STAT5 consists of two closely related family members, STAT5A and STAT5B, which exhibit 96% sequence homology and are functionally redundant. Upon activation, STAT5 is phosphorylated by receptor tyrosine kinases and, in turn, forms homodimers or hererodimers with other family members through its SH2 domains. The dimerized STAT5 translocates to the nucleus and binds to the STAT5 response element (TTCXXXGAA). STAT5 plays crucial regulatory roles in cell proliferation, anti-apoptosis, early B cell differentiation, and T cell development.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human STAT5A recombinant protein (627-794 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested dilution is 1:1000-1:4000. The optimal dilution should be determined by titration for each individual assay of interest.
25 µl and 100 µl of Direct-Blot™ HRP antibody can be used for approximately 5 and 20 Western blots, respectively, at the recommended concentration/dilution.
- Application Notes
This clone is not recommended for ChIP (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation) assays (as determined by in-house testing).
AB_2616893 (BioLegend Cat. No. 660203)
- 794 amino acids, predicted molecular weight of 91 kD; contains a SH2 domains responsible for homodimerization or heterodimerization.
Cytoplasm; phosphorylated form translocates to the nucleus.
- STAT5 is a transcription regulator and is involved in cell differentiation, proliferation, and survival, in response to several cytokines, such as interleukins, erythropoietin, growth hormone, thrombopoietin, and prolactin.
- Forms a homodimer or a heterodimer with other family members. Interacts with NCOA1, SOCS7, CBP, p300, SMRT and ERBB4.
- Cell Type
- B cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Immunology, Signal Transduction, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Bell BD, et al. 2013. Nat. Immunol. 14:364.
2. Cholez E, et al. 2012. Leukemia. 26:2390.
3. Heltemes-Harris LM, et al. 2012. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 24:146.
4. Heltemes-Harris LM, et al. 2011. Ann. N Y Acad. Sci. 1217:18.
5. Malin S, et al. 2010. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 22:168.
6. Xu J, et al. 2009. J. Neurosci. 29:2022.
- Gene ID
- 6776 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about STAT5 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-STAT5||9C8B50||WB, ICC, IP|
|Direct-Blot™ HRP anti-STAT5||9C8B50||WB|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.