|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Cytokeratin-8 copolymerizes with cytokeratin-18 to form a component of the cytoskeleton in simple epithelia and many epithelial cell derived cancers.
This antibody is effective in immunohistochemistry (IHC).
This antibody recognizes human cytokeratin-8.
- Product Information
In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD). Use in immunohistochemistry (IHC) test methods only.
The monoclonal antibody 1E8 is used for the in vitro examination of human biological samples using immunohistochemistry (IHC) methods for the qualitative identification of Cytokeratin 8. The clinical interpretation of any staining or its absence should be complemented by morphological studies and proper controls and should be evaluated within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
- Antibody 1E8 was raised against the 12 carboxy-terminal amino acids of HK-8 preceded by a cysteine, CKLVSESSDVLPK.
- Phosphate-buffered solution + 0.03% Thimerosal.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- When stored at ≤ -20°C, product is stable until the date shown on the label. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody. If thawed and stored at 2-8°C, product is stable for 24 months from the date of thaw or until the expiry date on the label, whichever comes first.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• IHC: 1:1,000 with either biotin based detection systems such as USA Ultra Streptavidin Detection (Cat. No. 929501).
Tissue Sections: Paraffin-embedded tissues
Pretreatment: For optimal staining, the sections should be pretreated with an antigen unmasking solution such as Citrate Buffer Retrieval solution (Cat. No. 928502).
Incubation: 60 minutes at room temperature
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Memarzadeh S, Zong Y, Janzen DM, Goldstein AS, Cheng D, Kurita T, Schafenacker AM, Huang J, and Witte ON. Cell-autonomous activation of the PI3-kinase pathway initiates endometrial cancer from adult uterine epithelium. PNAS, 107: 17298-17303, Oct 2010. [IHC]
- Hembrough TA, Li L, Gonias SL. Cell surface cytokeratin-8 is the major plasminogen receptor on breast cancer cells and is required for the accelerated activation of cell-associated plasminogen by tissue-type plasminogen activator. J Biol Chem 271:25684-25691, 1996.
- Hübner A, et al. JNK and PTEN cooperatively control the development of invasive adenocarcinoma of the prostate. PNAS, 109: 12046-12051, Jul 2012. [IHC] PubMed
- Easter SL, et al. 2014. PLoS One. 9:113247. (IF, WB) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2565043 (BioLegend Cat. No. 904801)
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment and safety practices per universal precautions when working with this reagent. Refer to the reagent safety data sheet.
- All specimens, samples and any material coming in contact with them should be considered potentially infectious and should be disposed of with proper precautions and in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Do not use this reagent beyond the expiration date stated on the label.
- Do not use this reagent if it appears cloudy or if there is any change in the appearance of the reagent as these may be indication of possible deterioration.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.