|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
O13 detects a cell surface antigen expressed in 95% of Ewing's sarcomas (ES). The antigen is also found in some primative neuroectodermal tumors (PNET) and peripheral neuroepitheliomas (PN). Other small round cell tumors (SRCT) that are commonly included in the differential diagnosis of ES, such as neuroblastomas, lymphomas, and rhabdomyosarcomas, as well as other sarcomas, carcinomas, and neuroectodermal tumors are generally negative. In normal tissues, the antigen is strongly expressed in thymocytes and a subset of pancreatic islet cells.
This antibody is effective in immunohistochemistry (IHC).
This antibody is specific for p30/32 MIC2, a 30-32 kD glycoprotein, also referred to as the HBA71 antigen.
Cat. No. 915601 (Formerly: SIG-3620-1000) [1 mL]
Cat. No. 915602 (Formerly: SIG-3620-16) [6 mL Level 1] is ready to use with automated strainers with Biotin-based detection systems such as USA Ultra Streptavidin Detection (Cat. No. 929501).
Cat. No. 915603 (Formerly: SIG-3620-26) [6 mL Level 2] is ready-to-use with Biotin-based detection systems such as USA Ultra Streptavidin Detection (Cat. No. 929501).
- Product Information
In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD). Use in immunohistochemistry (IHC) test methods only.
The monoclonal antibody O13 is used for the in vitro examination of human biological samples using immunohistochemistry (IHC) methods for the qualitative identification of CD99. The clinical interpretation of any staining or its absence should be complemented by morphological studies and proper controls and should be evaluated within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
- This antibody was generated against MeWo human melanoma cells.
- Phosphate-buffered solution with BSA + 0.1% NaN3.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- Storage & Handling
- Store between 2°C and 8°C.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• IHC: ≥1:40 (concentrated format) for Biotin based detection systems such as USA Ultra Streptavidin Detection (Cat. No. 929501)
Positive tissue (human): Ewing's sarcoma
Tissue Sections: Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues
Pretreatment: For optimal staining, the sections should be pretreated with an antigen unmasking solution such as Retrieve-All 1 (Cat. No. 927901)
Incubation: 20-60 minutes at room temperature
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Gu M. Cytokeratin immunoreactivity in Ewing's sarcoma: prevalence in 50 cases confirmed by molecular diagnostic studies. Am J Surg Pathol 24(3):410-416, 2000.
- Fellinger EJ, et al. Comparison of cell surface antigen HBA71 (p30/32MIC2), neuron-specific enolase, and vimentin in the immunohistochemical analysis of ewing's sarcoma of bone. Am J Surg Pathol 16(8):746-755, 1992.
- Fellinger EJ, et al. Biochemical and genetic characterization of the HBA71 Ewing's sarcoma cell surface antigen. Cancer Res 51:336-340, 1991.
- Fellinger EJ, et al. Immunohistochemical Analysis of Ewing's Sarcoma Cell Suface Antigen p30/32MIC2. Am J Surg Pathol 139(2):317-325, 1991.
- Dracopoli NC, et al. Genes controlling gp25/30 cell surface molecules map to chromosomes X and Y escape X-inactivation. Am J Hum Genet 37:199-207, 1985.
- Product Citations
AB_2565171 (BioLegend Cat. No. 915603)
AB_2565170 (BioLegend Cat. No. 915602)
AB_2565169 (BioLegend Cat. No. 915601)
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment and safety practices per universal precautions when working with this reagent. Refer to the reagent safety data sheet.
- This antibody contains sodium azide. Follow federal, state and local regulations to dispose of this reagent. Sodium azide build-up in metal wastepipes may lead to explosive conditions; if disposing of reagent down wastepipes, flush with water after disposal.
- All specimens, samples and any material coming in contact with them should be considered potentially infectious and should be disposed of with proper precautions and in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Do not use this reagent beyond the expiration date stated on the label.
- Do not use this reagent if it appears cloudy or if there is any change in the appearance of the reagent as these may be indication of possible deterioration.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.