- 29F.1A12 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- PD-1, Programmed Death-1
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD279, also known as programmed death-1 (PD-1), is a 50-55 kD glycoprotein belonging to the CD28 family of the Ig superfamily. PD-1 is expressed on activated splenic T and B cells and thymocytes. It is induced on activated myeloid cells as well. PD-1 is involved in lymphocyte clonal selection and peripheral tolerance through binding its ligands, B7-H1 (PD-L1) and B7-DC (PD-L2). It has been reported that PD-1 and PD-L1 interactions are critical to positive selection and play a role in shaping the T cell repertoire. PD-L1 negative costimulation is essential for prolonged survival of intratesticular islet allografts.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- PD-1 cDNA followed by PD-1-Ig fusion protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 711™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 711™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 711 nm. The bandpass filter 710/50 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 711™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue3 and in vivo blocking of PD-1 binding to its ligands2,3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_2566158 (BioLegend Cat. No. 135231)
- A 50-55 kD glycoprotein belonging to the CD28 family of the Ig superfamily.
Induced on splenic T and B lymphocytes, thymocytes, and myeloid cells after stimulation.
- Involved in lymphocyte clonal selection and peripheral tolerance, prolonged survival of allografts.
- B7-H1 (PD-L1) and B7-DC (PD-L2)
- Cell Type
- B cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Nishimura H, et al. 2001. Science 291:319
2. Agata Y, et al. 1996. Int. Immunol. 8:765
3. Liang SC, et al. 2003. Eur. J. Immunol. 33:2706
4. Barber DL, et al. 2006. Nature 439:682
5. Keir ME, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:7372
6. Koehn BH. et al. 2008. J Immunol. 181:5313
- Gene ID
- 18566 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD279 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.