- RPA-2.10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- IV T085
- Other Names
- LFA-2, T11, SRBC-R
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD2 is a 50 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein also known as LFA-2, T11, and sheep red blood cell receptor (SRBC-R). This immunoglobulin superfamily member is expressed on thymocytes, T lymphocytes, NK cells, and thymic B cell subsets. The major ligand for CD2 is CD58 (also known as LFA-3). CD2 has also been reported to bind CD48, CD59, and CD15. CD2 plays a critical role in alternative T cell activation, T cell signaling, and cell-cell adhesion.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Reported Reactivity
- African Green, Baboon, Capuchin Monkey, Chimpanzee, Pigtailed Macaque, Pig
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 510™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 510™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 510 nm. The bandpass filter 510/50 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 510™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections6 and blocking of T cell activation2. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 300239 & 300240).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Knapp W, et al. Eds. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Aversa G, et al. 1987. Transplant. Proc. 19:277. (Block)
- Zaretsky AG, et al. 2009. J. Exp Med. 206:991. (IHC) PubMed
- Perona-Wright G, et al. 2010. Nat. Immunol. 11:520. (FC) PubMed
- Thummler K, et al. 2010. J. Leukoc. Biol. 88:1041.
- Kap Y, et al. 2009. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 57:1159. (IHC)
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Product Citations
AB_2566039 (BioLegend Cat. No. 300217)
AB_2566040 (BioLegend Cat. No. 300218)
- Ig superfamily, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, 50 kD
T cells, NK cells, thymocytes, and thymic B cell subsets
- T cell activation, adhesion
- CD58 (LFA-3), CD48, CD59, CD15
- Cell Type
- B cells, NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Bell G, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. 155:2805.
2. Bierer B, et al. 1989. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 7:579.
3. Moingeon P, et al. 1989. Immunol. Rev. 111:111.
- Gene ID
- 914 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD2 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All CD2 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Biotin anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|FITC anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|PE anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|Purified anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC,IHC-F|
|APC anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD2||RPA-2.10||FC,IHC-F|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Biotin anti-human CD2
FITC anti-human CD2
PE anti-human CD2
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD2
Purified anti-human CD2
APC anti-human CD2
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD2
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD2
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD2
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD2
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD2
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD2
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD2
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD2
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD2
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD2
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD2
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD2
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD2