- 3E4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Structure specific recognition protein 1 (SSRP1), Facilitates Chromatin Transcription 80 kD subunit, FACTp80, Recombination signal sequence recognition protein
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
SSRP1 is a nuclear protein and a component of the FACT complex (facilitates chromatin transcription). The FACT140 complex is composed of the Spt16 and the SSRP1 proteins. This complex interacts with nucleosomes and histone H2A/H2B dimers to promote nucleosome disassembly and allow transcription elongation. This protein interacts with dsDNA. The SSRP1 protein has been shown to be modified by cisplatin and may protect DNA from repair and block DNA replication. The 3E4 monoclonal antibody recognizes human SSRP1 and has been shown to be useful for Western blotting.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant (partial)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 0.1 - 10 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
This clone is not recommended for ChIP (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation) assays (as determined by in-house testing).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Tan B C-M, et al. 2006. EMBO doi:10.1038/sj.emboj.7601271
AB_2566636 (BioLegend Cat. No. 609812)
- SSRP family, HMG box domain; 81 kD
- Interacts with nucleosomes and histone H2A/H2B dimers to promote nucleosome disassembly and allow transcription elongation, binds to dsDNA. Modified by cisplatin, may protect DNA from repair and block DNA replication
- Component of FACT ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling complex, Spt16/Cdc68 in FACT complex, H2A/H2B dimers
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, DNA Repair/Replication, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. LeRoy G, et al. 1998. Science 282:1836.
2. Orphanides G, et al. 1998. Cell 92:105.
3. Orphanides G, et al. 1999. Nature 400:284.
- Gene ID
- 6749 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about SSRP1 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
|Purified anti-SSRP1||3E4||WB, ICC, IP|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-SSRP1||3E4||ICC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-SSRP1||3E4||ICC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-SSRP1||3E4||ICC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.