- MF-14 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Forkhead box protein P3, Scurfin, JM2, IPEX, Zinc finger protein JM2
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
FOXP3 is a 47 kD transcription factor, also known as Forkhead box protein P3, Scurfin, JM2, or IPEX. It is proposed to be a master regulatory gene and more specific marker of T regulatory cells than most cell surface markers (such as CD4 and CD25). Transduced expression of FOXP3 in CD4+/CD25- cells has been shown to induce GITR, CD103, and CTLA4 and impart a T regulatory cell phenotype. FOXP3 is mutated in X-linked autoimmunity-allergic dysregulation syndrome (XLAAD or IPEX) in humans and in "scurfy" mice. Overexpression of FOXP3 has been shown to lead to a hypoactive immune state suggesting that this transcriptional factor is a central regulator of T cell activity.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular flow cytometry using our True-Nuclear™ Transcription Factor Staining Protocol. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
NOTE: For flow cytometric staining with this clone, True-Nuclear™ Transcription Factor Buffer Set (Cat. No. 424401) offers improved staining and is highly recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_2565933 (BioLegend Cat. No. 126419)
- 50-55 kd protein. Forkhead/winged-helix transcription factor family, contains zinc finger and forkhead domains.
Nuclear; expressed in Treg cells.
- Master regulatory gene in Treg cell development, crucial for immune homeostasis.
- Interacts with DNA
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Ono M, et al. 2007. Nature 446:685.
2. Hori S, et al. 2003. Science 299:1057.
3. Fontenot JD, et al. 2003 Nature Immunol 4:330.
- Present at high level in T reg cells. Induced by T cell activation.
- Gene ID
- 20371 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about FOXP3 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
- Can I stain whole blood with anti-FOXP3 using your Foxp3 staining kit?
It is not recommended. It is best to use PBMCs for this testing.
- Can FOXP3 be costained with cytokines?
The larger holes created by the nuclear permeabilization required for FOXP3 may allow cytokines to leak out of the cell, making it harder to detect lowly-expressed cytokines. You may have to use a control where the cells are only permeabilized through the cell membrane.
|Purified anti-mouse FOXP3||MF-14||WB|
|PE anti-mouse FOXP3||MF-14||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse FOXP3||MF-14||ICFC, IHC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse FOXP3||MF-14||ICFC|
|Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse FOXP3||MF-14||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse FOXP3||MF-14||ICFC|
|True-Nuclear™ One Step Staining Mouse Treg Flow™ Kit (FOXP3 Alexa Fluor® 488/CD25 PE/CD4 PerCP)||MF-14||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse FOXP3||MF-14||ICFC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-mouse FOXP3
PE anti-mouse FOXP3
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse FOXP3
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse FOXP3
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse FOXP3
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse FOXP3
True-Nuclear™ One Step Staining Mouse Treg Flow™ Kit (FOXP3 Alexa Fluor® 488/CD25 PE/CD4 PerCP)
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse FOXP3