- 15-2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- MMR (macrophage mannose receptor), MR (mannose receptor), CD206, MRC1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Macrophage mannose receptor (MMR) is a 162-175 kD type I membrane protein also known as CD206, MRC1, or mannose receptor (MR). It is a pattern recognition receptor (PRR) that belongs to C-type lectin superfamily. MMR is expressed on macrophages, dendritic cells, and hepatic or lymphatic endothelial cells, but not on monocytes. MMR recognizes a range of microbial carbohydrates bearing mannose, fucose, or N-acetyl glucosamine. MMR mediates endocytosis and phagocytosis, induces activation of macrophages and antigen presentation, plays an important role in host defense, and provides a link between innate and adaptive immunity.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Purified human mannose receptor
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration and expiration, please enter the lot number in our Certificate of Analysis online tool.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
The 15-2 antibody blocks the interaction of MMR with its ligand, and inhibits mannose receptor-mediated degradation of t-PA by macrophages. Additional reported applications of this antibody (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting1, blocking of ligand binding1,2, immunofluorescence3, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections1. The Utra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 321149 and 321150).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Noorman F, et al. 1997. J. Leukocyte Biol. 61:63. (WB, IHC, Block)
- Barrett-Bergshoeff M, et al. 1997. Thromb Haemost. 77:718. (Block)
- Kato M, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:6052. (IF)
- Product Citations
AB_2562673 (BioLegend Cat. No. 321125)
AB_2563839 (BioLegend Cat. No. 321126)
- Type I membrane protein, Pattern Recognition Receptor (PRR) family, C-type lectin superfamily, 162-175 kD
Macrophages, dendritic cells, hepatic and lymphatic endothelial cells
- Pathogen binding, facilitate phagocytosis and endocytosis, macrophage activation and antigen presentation
- Mannose, fucose, N-acetyl glucosamine
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Macrophages
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Mason D, et al. Eds. 2002. Leukocyte Typing VII. Oxford University Press. p303
2. Wileman TE, et al. 1986. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 83:2501.
3. Apostolopoulos V and McKenzie IF. 2001. Curr. Mol. Med. 1:469.
4. Le Cabec V, et al. 2005. J. Leukocyte Biol. 77:934.
5. Barrett-Bergshoeff M, et al. 1997. Thromb. Haemostatis 77:718.
- Gene ID
- 4360 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD206 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human CD206 (MMR)
FITC anti-human CD206 (MMR)
PE anti-human CD206 (MMR)
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
APC anti-human CD206 (MMR)
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
Biotin anti-human CD206 (MMR)
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD206 (MMR)
Purified anti-human CD206 (MMR) (Maxpar® Ready)
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD206 (MMR)
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD206 (MMR)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD206 (MMR)
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD206 (MMR)
TotalSeq™-A0205 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
TotalSeq™-B0205 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
TotalSeq™-C0205 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD206 (MMR)
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD206 (MMR)
PE/Fire™ 700 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
TotalSeq™-D0205 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
Spark NIR™ 685 anti-human CD206 (MMR)