- 2M2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- β2M, β2-M, beta2-microglobulin b2-M, b2M
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
β2-microglobulin (β2M) is a 12 kD nonpolymorphic Ig like protein. It is a non-membrane-anchored glycoprotein and is noncovalently associated with 39-44 kD polymorphic heavy chains of MHC class I molecules to form HLA class I antigen complex. In association with HLA class I, β2M is expressed on all leukocytes, platelets, endothelial cells, and epithelial cells. β2M plays an essential role both in governing MHC class I molecules stability and in promoting antigen binding and presenting the antigen to CD3/TCR complex of CD8+ T cells.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus, Swine (Pig, Porcine)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Purified human β2-microglobulin
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated biotin.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting, and ELISA.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_493689 (BioLegend Cat. No. 316308)
- Nonpolymorphic Ig like structure, noncovalently associated with heavy chain of MHC class I molecules, 12 kD
Leukocytes, platelets, endothelial cells, epithelial cells
- Govern MHC class I molecule stability, promote MHC class I molecules binding and presenting peptide antigens to CD8+ T cells
- CD3/TCR complex, CD8
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Leukocytes, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- MHC Antigens
- Antigen References
1. Engelhard VH. 1994. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 6:13.
2. Williams DB, et al. 1989. J. Immunol. 142:2796.
3. Danliczyk UG and TL. Delovitch. 1994. J. Immunol. 153:3533.
4. Williams A, et al. 2002. Tissue Antigens 59:3.
- Gene ID
- 567 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about beta2-microglobulin on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.