- 4G8 (See other available formats)
- HCDM listed
- Other Names
- AAA, ABETA, ABPP, AD1, APPI, CTFgamma, CVAP, PN-II, PN2, Amyloid beta A4 protein, preA4, protease nexin-II, peptidase nexin-II, beta-amyloid peptide, alzheimer disease amyloid protein, cerebral vascular amyloid peptide, APP, Amyloid Precursor Protein
Signet Catalog# 9240-02
Signet Catalog# 9240-05
Signet Catalog# 9240-10
Covance Catalog# SIG-39240
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Alzheimer’s disease is characterized by the accumulation of aggregated Aβ peptides in senile plaques and vascular deposits. Aβ peptides are derived from amyloid precursor proteins (APP) through sequential proteolytic cleavage of APP by β-secretases and γ-secretases generating diverse Aβ species. Aβ can aggregate to form soluble oligomeric species and insoluble fibrillar or amorphous assemblies. Some forms of the aggregated peptides are toxic to neurons.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution (no preservatives or carrier proteins).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
IHC-P - Quality tested
Direct ELISA - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 2.0 µg/ml is suggested. For Direct ELISA applications, a concentration range of 0.5 - 2.0 µg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is reactive to amino acid residues 17-24 of β amyloid. The epitope lies within amino acids 18-22 of β amyloid (VFFAE). 4G8 β-amyloid antibody reacts to abnormally processed isoforms, as well as precursor forms.
This antibody clone has been reported for use on IHC of free-floating sections in PBS containing 1% Triton incubated with 0.1 m citrate buffer (4).
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining on frozen tissue sections (IHC-F) and immunocytochemistry (ICC)
- Additional Product Notes
View more applications data for this product in our Scientific Poster Library.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Poduslo JF, et al. 2004. Biochem. 43:6064. (IHC-F) PubMed
- Forny-Germano L, et al. 2014. J Neurosci. 34:13629. (IHC-Other) PubMed
- Vallino Costassa E, et al. 2016. J Alzheimers Dis. 51: 875-87. (IHC-P) PubMed
- Chen X, et al. 2013. Neurobiol Aging. 34:2370. (ICC) PubMed
- Hatami A, et al. 2016. J Alzheimers Dis. 50:517. (IHC-P) PubMed
- Kawarabayashi T, et al. 2001. J Neurosci 21:372 (IP)
- Fonte V, et al. 2002. PNAS. 110:4853 (IP)
- Product Citations
AB_2564650 (BioLegend Cat. No. 800704)
AB_2564651 (BioLegend Cat. No. 800705)
AB_2564649 (BioLegend Cat. No. 800706)
- Amyloid precursor protein is a 770 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of ~100 kD. According to the UniProtKB database, APP (ID# P05067) has 11 isoforms (34 to ~90 kD) and the 770 form has been designated as the canonical form. Isoform APP695 is the predominant form expressed in neuronal tissue. Isoforms APP751 and APP770 are widely expressed in non-neuronal cells. Isoform APP751 is the most abundant form in T-lymphocytes. Aβ denotes peptides of 36-43 amino acids generated from cleavage of APP by secretases. Aβ has an apparent molecular mass of about 4 kD.
Tissue distribution: Primarily nervous system, but also adipose tissue, intestine, and muscle.
Cellular distribution: Cytosol, endosomes, nucleus, plasma membrane, extracellular, and golgi apparatus.
- The normal function of Aβ is not well understood. Several potential physiological roles have been proposed, including: activation of kinase enzymes; protection against oxidative stress; regulation of cholesterol transport; transcription factor, and as an anti-microbial agent.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Kumar A, et al. 2015. Pharmacol Rep. 67(2):195.
- Sadigh-Eteghad S, et al. 2015. Med Princ Pract. 24(1):1
- Hampel H, et al. 2015. Expert Rev Neruother. 15(1):83.
- Puig KL, et al. 2012. Exp Gerontol. 48(7): 608.
- Selkoe DJ, et al. 2016. EMBO Mol Med. 8(6):595.
- Walsh DM, et al. 2007. J Neurochem. 101(5):1172.
- Gene ID
- 351 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about beta-Amyloid, 17-24 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.