- CD28.2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- T44, Tp44
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD28 is a 44 kD disulfide-linked homodimeric type I glycoprotein. It is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily and is also known as T44 or Tp44. CD28 is expressed on most T lineage cells, NK cell subsets, and plasma cells. CD28 binds both CD80 and CD86 using a highly conserved motif MYPPY in the CDR3-like loop. CD28 is considered a major co-stimulatory molecule, inducing T lymphocyte activation and IL-2 synthesis, and preventing cell death. In vitro studies indicate that ligation of CD28 on T cells by CD80 and CD86 on antigen presenting cells provides a costimulatory signal required for T cell activation and proliferation.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Reported Reactivity
- Baboon, Capuchin Monkey, Chimpanzee, Pigtailed Macaque, Sooty Mangabey, Squirrel Monkey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC/Fire™ 750 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* APC/Fire™ 750 has a maximum excitation of 650 nm and a maximum emission of 787 nm.
- Application Notes
The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for highly sensitive assays.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Nunes J, et al. 1993. Biochem. J. 293:835.
- Calea-Lauri J, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 163:62.
- Tazi A, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 163:3511. (IHC)
- Marti F, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 166:197. (Costim)
- Jeong SH, et al. 2004. J. Virol. 78:6995. (Costim)
- Rivollier A, et al. 2004. Blood 104:4029. (Costim)
- Scharschmidt E, et al. 2004. Mol. Cell Biol. 24:3860. (Costim)
- Sheng W, et al. 2007.Elsevier 580:6819. PubMed
- Mitsuhashi M. 2007. Clin Chem.53:148. PubMed
- Ye Z, et al. 2008. Infect. Immun. 76:2541. PubMed
- Magatti M, et al. 2008. Stem Cells 26:182. (FA) PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2008. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Berg M, et al. 2008. J Leukoc Biol. 83:853. (IP) PubMed
- Rout N, et al. 2010. PLoS One 5:e9787. (FC)
- Leonard JA, et al. 2011. J. Virol. 85:6867. PubMed
- Nomura T, et al. 2012. J. Virol. 86:6481. PubMed
AB_2617038 (BioLegend Cat. No. 302951)
AB_2617039 (BioLegend Cat. No. 302952)
- Ig superfamily, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, homodimer, 44 kD
Mature T cells, thymocytes, NK cell subsets, plasma cells, EBV-positive B cells
- T cell costimulation
- CD80, CD86
- Cell Type
- B cells, NK cells, Plasma cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
2. June CH, et al. 1994. Immunol. Today 15:321.
3. Linskey PS, et al. 1993. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 11:191.
- Gene ID
- 940 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD28 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-human CD28
Biotin anti-human CD28
FITC anti-human CD28
PE anti-human CD28
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD28
Purified anti-human CD28
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD28
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD28
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD28
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD28
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD28
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD28
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD28
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD28
Purified anti-human CD28 (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD28
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD28
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human CD28
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD28
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD28
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD28
TotalSeq™-A0386 anti-human CD28
TotalSeq™-B0386 anti-human CD28
TotalSeq™-C0386 anti-human CD28
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD28
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD28
PE anti-human CD28
APC anti-human CD28
Brilliant Violet 750™ anti-human CD28
PE/Fire™ 810 anti-human CD28
GMP PE anti-human CD28
TotalSeq™-D0386 anti-human CD28
Spark Violet™ 423 anti-human CD28