- N227/21 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Methyl-CpG-binding protein 2, meCp-2 protein, RS, RTS, RTT, PPMX, MRX16, MRX79, MRXSL, AUTSX3, MRXS13
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Methyl CpG binding protein (MECP2), also known as autism susceptibility to X-linked 2 (AUTSX3), is a nuclear protein crucial for normal neuronal function that binds to methylated DNA, forming complexes with histone deacteylases and turning off gene expression. MECP2 expression is an X-linked trait. Loss of MECP2 expression causes Rett Syndrome (also known as RTS, RTT, or RS) a neurological disorder which causes decelerated growth of hands, feet, and the head.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 157-169 (FTVTG[dimethyl-R]GSPSRRE) of human MECP2.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5 - 10 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
AB_2801143 (BioLegend Cat. No. 814008)
AB_2801144 (BioLegend Cat. No. 814009)
|Purified anti-MECP2||N227/21||IHC-P, ICC|
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-MECP2||N227/21||IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-MECP2||N227/21||IHC-P|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.