- 29E.2A3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Programmed cell death ligand 1 (PD-L1), B7 homolog 1 (B7-H1)
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD274, also known as PD-L1 and B7-H1, is type I transmembrane glycoprotein that serves as a ligand for CD279 (PD-1). This interaction is believed to regulate the balance between the stimulatory and inhibitory signals needed for responses to microbes and maintenance of self-tolerance. CD274 is involved in the costimulation of T cell proliferation and IL-10 and IFN-γ production in an IL-2-dependent and CD279-independent manner. Conflicting data has shown that CD274 can inhibit T cell proliferation and cytokine production, and alternatively, enhance T cell activation. Other studies suggest that CD274 may signal bidirectionally, raising interesting implications for its expression in a wide variety of cell types, including T and B cells, antigen-presenting cells, and nonhematopoietic cells.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full length human PD-L1
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 594 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 594 has an excitation maximum of 590 nm, and a maximum emission of 617 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Application Notes
Clone 29E.2A3 is reported to recognize an epitope on PD-L1 within the PD-L1-CD80 binding region5. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: blocking1-3 and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections1. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 329715, 329716, 329745 - 329748).
It has been observed that clone 29E.2A3 is able to bind to Alexa Fluor® 700 antibody conjugates during multi-color immunofluorescent staining. This interaction can be resolved by sequentially staining with the 29E.2A3 antibody first and then followed by the Alexa Fluor® 700 conjugate of interest.
Clone 29E.2A3 does not work in Western blot applications7.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Brown J, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 170:1257. (FC, IHC, Block)
- Radziewicz H, et al. 2007. J. Virol. 81:2545. (Block)
- Nakamoto N, et al. 2009. PLoS Pathog. 5:e1000313. (Block)
- Barsoum IB, et al. 2014. Cancer Res. 74:665. PubMed
- Haile, S et al. 2013. J. Immunol. 191:2829.
- RL M, et al. 2015. PNAS. 112:6506-6514. PubMed
- Mahoney KM, et al. 2015. Cancer Immunol. Res. 3:1308.
AB_2650678 (BioLegend Cat. No. 329742)
T cells, B cells, NK cells, monocytes/macrophages, granulocytes and dendritic cells
- CD274 is involved in the costimulatory signal, essential for T lymphocyte proliferation and production of IL-10 and IFN-γ, in an IL-2-dependent and a PD-1-CD1-independent manner. Its interaction with PD-1-CD1 inhibits T-cell proliferation and cytokine production.
- PD-1 (PDCD1)
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Fibroblasts, Granulocytes, Macrophages, Monocytes, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Sharpe A, et al. 2007. Nat. Immunol. 8:239.
- Gene ID
- 29126 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD274 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
Biotin anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
PE anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
APC anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
Purified anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1) (Maxpar® Ready)
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
GoInVivo™ Purified anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
TotalSeq™-A0007 anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
TotalSeq™-B0007 anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
TotalSeq™-C0007 anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
TotalSeq™-D0007 anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)
PE/Fire™ 810 anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1) Antibody
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD274 (B7-H1, PD-L1)