- 30-H12 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD90.2 is a 25-35 kD immunoglobulin superfamily member also known as Thy1.2. It is expressed on hematopoietic stem cells and neurons, all thymocytes, and peripheral T cells in Thy1.2 bearing mouse strains (Balb/c, CBA/J, C3H/He, C57BL/-, DBA, NZB/-). CD90.2 is a glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored membrane glycoprotein involved in signal transduction. CD90.2 is involved in costimulation of lymphocyte proliferation and induction of hematopoietic stem cells differentiation. CD90.2 has been shown to interact with CD45. The 30-H12 antibody has been reported to induce Ca2+ flux in thymocytes and, in combination with antibody against the CD3/TCR complex, promote thymocyte apoptosis and inhibit CD3-mediated proliferative responses of mature T lymphocytes.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse thymus or spleen
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Depletion, Costim, IHC-F - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: in vivo and in vitro depletion1,2,7, costimulation of CD3/TCR-mediated signal transduction3,4, and immunohistochemical staining5 of acetone-fixed frozen sections. The 30-H12 antibody does not react with Thy-1.1 alloantigen of the AKR/J and PL strains. To reduce non-specific binding to cells bearing Fc-receptors, pre-incubation of cells with anti-mouse CD16/CD32, clone 93 (Cat. No. 101301 & 101302) is recommended prior to immunofluorescent staining. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 105351 & 105352).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Hathcock KS. 1991. Current Protocols in Immunology. 3.4.1. (Deplete)
- Seaman WE. 1983. J. Immunol. 130:1713. (Deplete)
- Nakashima I, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. 147:1153. (Costim)
- Nakashima I, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:3511. (Costim)
- Ledbetter JA, et al. 1980. J. Exp. Med. 152:280. (IHC)
- Hardy B, et al. 2005. Int. Immunol. 17:615.
- Drobyski W, et al. 1996. Blood 87:5355. (Deplete)
- Dyer KD, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:1693. (FC) PubMed
- Sungur CM, et al. 2013. PNAS. 110:7401. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2813936 (BioLegend Cat. No. 105351)
AB_2813937 (BioLegend Cat. No. 105352)
- Ig superfamily, 25-35 kD
Hematopoietic stem cells and neurons, all thymocytes, peripheral T cells of the Thy-1.2 bearing mice
- Lymphocyte costimulation, proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic stem cells
- Cell Type
- Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Neurons, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Craig W, et al. 1993. J. Exp. Med. 177:1331.
3. Reif AE and Schlesinger M. 1989. Cell Surface Antigen Thy-1.
4. Mayani H, et al. 1994. Blood 83:2410.
- Gene ID
- 21838 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD90.2 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.