- MFL3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Fas Ligand, FasL, Apo-1 Ligand, CD95 Ligand, TNFSF6
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD178 is a 40 kD member of the TNF/NGF superfamily also known as Fas ligand, FasL, Apo-1 ligand, and CD95 ligand. Cell surface CD178 is expressed on activated T cells and in testis and eye. CD178 is upregulated in activated T cells upon TCR re-engagement and has been shown to induce autocrine and paracrine T cell death. CD178 expression in the eye and testis has been shown to participate in immune privilege at these sites. CD178 can be cleaved from the surface by metalloproteases, and "soluble" CD178 may block the activities of membrane-bound CD178. CD178 binds to CD95 (Fas) to induce apoptotic cell death implicated in the maintenance of peripheral tolerance. CD178/CD95 interactions have also been implicated in the proliferation of CD8+ cells and neutrophil extravasation, chemotaxis, and survival. The MFL3 antibody recognizes CD178 in a wide array of mouse strains and has been reported to block CD178/CD95 induced apoptosis.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- B6 mouse FasL cDNA-transfected baby hamster kidney (B6 FasL/BHK) cells
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Block, Apop, ICC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: inhibition of the cytotoxicity1-3 and immunofluorescence microscopy4. Fas Ligand is expressed at low density on activated cells. For most successful immunofluorescent staining results, it may be important to maximize signal over background by using a relatively bright fluorochrome-antibody conjugate (Cat. No. 106606) or by using a high sensitivity, three-layer staining technique (e.g., including a biotinylated antibody (Cat. No. 106604) or biotinylated anti-Armenian hamster IgG (Cat. No. 405501) second step, followed by SAv-PE (Cat. No. 405204). The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 106612).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Fuller CL, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:6337.
- Kayagaki N, et al. 1997. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 94:3914.
- Seko Y, et al. 2002. J. Am. Coll.Cardiol. 39:1399.
- Park H, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:7193.
- Lundgvist A, et al. 2009. Blood 113:6120. PubMed
- Oida T, et al. 2011. PLoS ONE 6(4):e18365. (Block) PubMed.
- Oura R, et al. 2013. J. Immunol. 190:578. PubMed.
- Product Citations
AB_2813953 (BioLegend Cat. No. 106611)
AB_2813954 (BioLegend Cat. No. 106612)
- TNF superfamily, 40 kD
Activated T cells, spleen, testis, eye
- Induces apoptosis
- Fas (CD95)
- Cell Type
- T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Nagata S. 1999. Annu Rev Genet. 33:209.
3. Takahashi T, et al. 1994. Cell. 76:969.
4. Hill LL, et al. 1999. Science. 285:898.
- Gene ID
- 14103 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD178 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Biotin anti-mouse CD178 (FasL)||MFL3||FC|
|PE anti-mouse CD178 (FasL)||MFL3||FC|
|Purified anti-mouse CD178 (FasL)||MFL3||FC, ICC|
|APC anti-mouse CD178 (FasL)||MFL3||FC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD178 (FasL)||MFL3||FC, Block, Apop, ICC|
|TotalSeq™-A1012 anti-mouse CD178 (FasL)||MFL3||PG|
|TotalSeq™-C1012 anti-mouse CD178 (FasL)||MFL3||PG|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.