- HTA125 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- HCDM listed
- Other Names
- Toll-like Receptor 4, TLR4, TLR-4, CD284
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Toll-like receptors are type I transmembrane signaling receptors. They are primordial pathogen-recognition proteins that function as sentinels for the innate immune system. TLR4, also known as CD284, is a 110 kD protein which is expressed on monocytes/macrophages, endothelial cells, and at low levels on B cells and granulocytes. In association with a secretory molecule, MD2, TLR4 has been recognized as critical for host recognition of bacterial LPS. HTA125 antibody is useful for flow cytometric analysis and is able to block LPS-induced cytokine production.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Guinea Pig
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Ba/F3 cell line expressing human TLR4
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F, ICC, WB, Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections4, immunofluorescence microscopy6, Western blotting10, and in vitro blocking of LPS-induced cytokine production2,3,7,9. This clone was tested in-house and does not work on formalin fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue. For most successful immunofluorescent staining results, it may be important to maximize signal over background by using a relatively bright fluorochrome-antibody conjugate (Cat. No. 312806) or by using a high sensitivity, three-layer staining technique (e.g., including a biotinylated antibody (Cat. No. 312804) or biotinylated anti-mouse IgG second step (Cat. No. 405303), followed by SAv-PE (Cat. No. 405204). The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 312813 & 312814).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Skimazu R, et al. 1999. J. Exp. Med. 189:1777.
- Wang R, et al. 2003. Hybrid Hybridomics 22:357. (Block)
- Wang JE, et al. 2001. Infect. Immun. 69:2402. (Block)
- Ishihara S, et al. 2004 J. Immunol. 173:1406. (IHC)
- Kawahara T, et al. 2001 Infect. Immun. 69:4382.
- Jiang Q, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:3541. (IF)
- Sugawara S, et al. 2001. Infect. Immun. 69:4951. (Block)
- Chavakis E, et al. 2007. Circ. Res. 100:204. PubMed
- Bhattacharyya S, et al. 2007. Am. J. Physiol. Gastrointest Liver Physiol. doi:10.1152/ajpgi.00149. (Block) PubMed
- Baumgarten G, et al. 2001. J. Infectious. Dis. 183:1617.
AB_2814162 (BioLegend Cat. No. 312813)
AB_2561485 (BioLegend Cat. No. 312814)
- Type I transmembrane protein, Toll-like receptor family/IL-1R superfamily, 110 kD
Monocytes/macrophages, endothelial cells, B cells and granulocytes
- Activates the innate immune system against Gram-negative bacterial pathogens by recognition of LPS
- Bacterial LPS
- Cell Type
- B cells, Endothelial cells, Granulocytes, Macrophages, Monocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Toll Like Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Skimazu R, et al. 1999. J. Exp. Med. 189:1777.
- Gene ID
- 7099 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD284 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.