- A16052E (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Monocyte chemotactic and activating factor (MCAF), monocyte secretory protein JE, small inducible cytokine A2 (SCYA2)
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CCL2, also known as MCP-1, is a member of the CC chemokine family. It is widely expressed in endothelial cells, smooth muscle cells and monocytes in response to several atherogenic stimulants such as CD40 ligand, platelet derived growth factor (PDGF), interleukin-1β (IL-1β) and oxidized low density lipoprotein. Several recent in vivo studies have disclosed critical roles of MCP-1 in atherosclerosis. In addition, MCP-1 has been implicated in monocytic infiltration of tissues during several inflammatory diseases, and has been implicated in macrophage-mediated tumor growth suppression in mice. CCL2 has been shown to have direct effects on tumor cells in an autocrine and paracrine fashion in multiple cancers, including breast, lung, cervix, ovary, sarcoma, and prostate. In addition, MCP-1 plays a key role in the regulation of MMPs during transmigration. MCP-1/CCl2 has been described as a new diagnostic marker and therapeutic target for progressive renal injury in diabetic nephropathy. Kidney epithelial cells, including glomerular podocytes and tubular cells make MCP-1 in response to high glucose and advanced glycation end products. MCP-1 promotes inflammation and progressive injury in diabetic kidneys. The importance of MCP-1 in the early development of diabetic nephropathy has been determined in animal models incorporating genetically deficient mice or therapeutic blockade of MCP-1 receptor (CCR2).Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human CCL2 (MCP-1)
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
Neut - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by neutralization of chemotaxis induced by recombinant human CCL2 (MCP-1) (Cat. No. 571406) at 0.1 ng/mL on mouse Baf3-mCCR2 transfectant chemoattractant cells. ND50 range: 40 - 300 ng/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2904453 (BioLegend Cat. No. 943803)
AB_2904453 (BioLegend Cat. No. 943804)
MCP-1 (CCL2) is secreted by fibroblast, endothelial cells, smooth muscle cells, tumor cells, and phytohemaglutinin stimulated mononuclear cells.
- MCP-1 induces migration of monocytes, memory/activated T cells, NK cells, myeloid dendritic cells, neutrophils, astrocytes, mesangial cells, and bone marrow endothelial cells. MCP-1 is induced by IL-1ß, TNF, IFNγ, PDGF, IL-4, MIF, and IL-17.
- Monocytes, memory/activated T cells, NK cells, myeloid dendritic cells, neutrophils, astrocytes, mesangial cells, and bone marrow endothelial cells
- MCP-1 mediates its cellular effects primarily through CCR2 receptor.
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, Endothelial cells, Fibroblasts, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Monocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Loberg RD, et al. 2007. Cancer Research. 67:9417-9424.
- Gregory JL, et al. 2006. J Immunol. 177:8072-8079.
- Qui Z, et al. 2009. Immunology. 214:835-842.
- Reichel CA, et al. 2009. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 109: 193268
- McQuibban GA, et al. 2002. Blood. 100:1160-1167
- Tesh GH, et al. 2008. Amm J Physiol Renal Physiol. 294:F697-F701.
- Gene ID
- 6347 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CCL2 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CCL2 (MCP-1)||A16052E||Neut|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.