- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Stem cell factor receptor, SCFR, c-kit, mast/ stem cell growth factor receptor, steel factor receptor
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD117 is a 145 kD protein tyrosine kinase also known as c-Kit and stem cell factor receptor (SCFR). It belongs to CSF-1/PDGF receptor subfamily. CD117 is a receptor for stem cell factor (SCF) or c-Kit ligand. CD117 is expressed on pluripotent hematopoietic progenitor cells, mast cells, and acute myeloid leukemia cells (AML). c-Kit ligand binding of CD117 induces dimerization and phosphorylation of CD117, and activates the downstream signaling, including PI3K, JAK/STAT, PLC-γ and MAPK pathways. Consequently, it stimulates proliferation and survival of primitive hematopoietic stem cells as well as erythroid-committed and granulo-monocytic committed cells. The turnover rate of CD117 depends on ligand binding and its kinase activity. CD117 is also downregulated by PKC-mediated proteolytic cleavage. Additionlly, ADAM-17 mediates shedding of CD117 on the surface of mast cells. SCF/CD117 ligation protects vascular smooth musle cells against apoptosis and increases hyperplasia after vascular injury. The ligation also regulates cell survival and cell infiltration of mast cells in tumor microenviroment. Some evidence indicates that CD117 constitutively associates with interleukin-1 receptor accessory protein (IL-1RAcP), and activates IL-33-induced cytokine production upon costimulation with c-Kit ligand in primary mast cells. CD117 is upregulated on dendritic cells by house dust mite allergen and mucosal adjuvant cholera toxin (CT), and consequently regulates Th2's and Th17's responses.Product Details
- Mouse CD117, amino acid Ser25-Thr523 (Accession: #P05532.3), with a linker (GS) and a C-terminal mouse IgG2a (Glu28-Lys330), was expressed in CHO cells.
- Molecular Mass
- The 737 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 82.29 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 100 kD and 200 kD by SDS-PAGE, respectively. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Ser.
- > 95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.01 ng per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- When recombinant mouse SCF (2 µg/mL, Cat. No. 579702) is immobilized at 2 µg/mL, recombinant mouse CD117-Fc Chimera binds in a dose dependent manner. The EC50 range for this effect is 20 - 80 ng/mL. HRP goat anti-mouse IgG (minimal x-reactivity) antibody (Cat. No. 405306) was used to detect the binding.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at email@example.com.
- Disulfide-linked homodimer
Hematopoietic stem cells, AML, mast cells
- Growth factor receptor, tyrosine kinase
- Stem cell factor (SCF)
- Measured by its ability to bind recombinant mosue SCF (Cat. No. 579702)
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Mast cells
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Soluble Receptors
- Antigen References
- Nocka K, et al. 1990. EMBO J. 9:3287-94.
- Reith AD, et al. 1991. EMBO J. 9:2451-9.
- Cardoso HJ, et al. 2017. J Cell Commun Signal. 14:297-307.
- Sette C, et al. 1998. J Cell Biol. 142:1063-74.
- Kurosawa K, et al. 1996. Blood. 87:2235-43.
- Drube S, et al. 2010. Blood. 115:3899-906.
- Lemmon MA, et al. 1997. J Biol Chem. 272:6311-7.
- Yee NS, et al. 1994. J Biol Chem. 269:31991-8.
- Cruz AC, et al. 2004. J Biol Chem. 279:5612-20.
- Kimura Y, et al. 2011. PLoS One. 6:e26918.
- Krishnamoorthy N, et al. 2008. Nat Med. 14:565-73.
- Huang B, et al. 2008. Blood. 112:1269-79.
- Gene ID
- 16590 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD117 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)