- Other Names
- UL16 Binding Protein 1, Retinoic Acid Early Transcript 1I (RAET1I), NKG2D Ligand 1 (NKG2DL1), N2DL-1, Alcan-Beta
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
NK cells are very important in the innate immune system. These cells are regulated by activating and inhibitory NK receptors. Among the activating receptors are NKGD2 and CD16. Eight stress induced ligands have been described in humans; these include ULBP1-6, MICA, and MICB which bind to NKG2D. ULBP1, which is a member of the MHC class I family of proteins, contains two Ig-like domains, the α1 and α2 domains characteristic of the MHC class I family, but not the α3. ULBP1 does not associate with β2-microglobulin, and is attached to the membrane through a glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI) linkage. ULBP1 (as well as ULBP2 and 3) induce cytokines and chemokines in NK cells stimulated with IL-15. Also, ULBPs synergize with IL-12 in the induction of cytokines on NK cells. The expression of NKG2D ligands in humans is rare in normal tissues, but present in primary tumors and cell lines derived from them. ULBPs are expressed in several types of human cancers and their expression is associated with patient survival. The expression of ULBP1-3 by B-non-Hodgkin lymphoma cell lines plays an important role in their susceptibility to rituximab-induced antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity (ADCC).Product Details
- Molecular Mass
- The 429 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 49 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrate at approximately 60 kD and 120 kD respectively by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Gly.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS pH 7.2.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg protein as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Recombinant human UBLP1 binds to immobilized NKG2D in a dose-dependent manner using a functional ELISA. The ED50 for this effect is 4 – 24 ng/mL.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancer cells, viral infected cells, cord blood plasma, stressed airway epithelial cells.
- ULBP1 takes part in the innate immune response and stimulates NK cell activation and cytotoxicity. It is induced by viral infections, malignant transformation.
- UL16 (protein encoded by the HCMV)
- NKG2D, NKG2D/DAP10 complex
- Recombinant human ULBP1 binds to immobilized NKG2D in a dose-dependent manner using a functional ELISA.
- Cell Type
- NK cells, NKT cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- MHC Antigens
- Antigen References
- Cosman D, et al. 2001. Immunity. 14:123.
- Pende D, et al. 2002. Cancer Res. 62:6178.
- Gasser S, et al. 2005. Nature. 436:1186.
- Inagaki A, et al. 2009. Int J Cancer. 125:212.
- Fujita H, et al. 2015. J Histochem Cytochem. 63:217.
- Antonangeli F, et al. 2017. Front Immunol. 8:1583.
- Cox ST, et al. 2018. Front Immunol. 9:1282.
- Gene ID
- 80329 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about ULPB1 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)