- Other Names
- Interleukin-4 receptor subunit alpha, IL-4 receptor alpha chain, IL-4 receptor subunit alpha, IL-4R subunit alpha, IL-4R-alpha, CD124, CD124 antigen
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Human IL-4Rα is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein that binds to IL-4 with high affinity. A soluble form of IL-4Rα has been identified that possesses only the extracellular domain, which can sequester IL-4 and block its downstream biological functions. IL-4 binds to two heterodimeric IL-4 receptor complexes: IL-4R type I (composed of the IL-4Rα and the common cytokine receptor γc chains) and II (composed of IL-4Rα and IL-13Rα1 chains) and plays a key role in Th2 cell differentiation. The IL-4R type II is shared with IL-13, and this interaction promotes airway inflammation and remodeling. In asthma pathogenesis, IL-4 and IL-13-mediated activation of IL-4Rα signaling leads to downstream activation of STAT6, implicated in the exacerbation of allergic airway inflammation. IL-4 also enhances histamine release from peripheral blood basophils and mast cells in vitro and in vivo, and the sIL-4R inhibits histamine release.Product Details
- Human IL-4Rα, amino acids (Gly24- His232) (Accession # NP_001244335) was expressed in 293E cells. The carboxy terminus contains an SR-IEGRMD-hIgG1-Fc tag.
- Molecular Mass
- The 448 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 50.7kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrate at approximately 70 kD and 140 kD respectively by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Ile.
- > 95% by SDS-PAGE gel as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS pH 7.2.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Human IL-4Rα inhibits the proliferation of TF-1 mouse cells induced by human IL-4 (BL Cat. No. 574002). The ED50 = 4 – 20 ng/mL.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are validated in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Soluble receptor
T cells, B cells, mast cells, monocytes, macrophages, fibroblast, and endothelial cells
- Promotes Th2 differentiation, induction of Th2 associated cytokines, macrophage activation and TSLP production, regulation of IgE production, involved in asthma pathogenesis.
- IL-4Rα inhibits the proliferation of TF-1 cells induced by mouse IL-4.
- Cell Type
- B cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors, Soluble Receptors
- Antigen References
- Galizzi JP, et al. 1990. Int Immunol. 2:669.
- Gessner A, et al. 1994. Infect Immun. 62:4112.
- Hoffman RC, et al. 1999. Protein Science. 4:382.
- Tachdjian R, et al. 2010. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 125:1128.
- Noval Rivas M, et al. 2015. Immunity. 42:512.
- Gour N & Wills-Karp M. 2015. Cytokines. 75:68.
- Massoud AH, et al. 2016. Nat Med. 22:1013.
- Gene ID
- 3566 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-4R alpha on UniProt.org
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.