- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- ASPRO, C-terminal cleavage product of Fibrillin 1 (FBN1)
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Fibrillin is the major constitutive element of extracellular microfibrils and has widespread distribution in both elastic and non-elastic connective tissue throughout the body. Asprosin is the C-terminal cleavage product of pro-fibrillin. Asprosin is a fasting-induced glucogenic protein that responds to low dietary glucose by targeting the liver to release glucose and increase plasma glucose levels. It is secreted by white adipose tissue and circulates in the plasma at nanomolar levels. Asprosin promotes glucose release in hepatocytes by activating G protein-cAMP-protein kinase A pathway. Asprosin is shown to be pathologically elevated with human and mouse insulin resistance, and the reduction of its level protects against metabolic-syndrome-associated hyperinsulinism.Product Details
- Human Asprosin, amino acids Ser2732-His2871 (Accession# P35555) was expressed in 293E cells.
- Molecular Mass
- The 140 amino acids recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 16 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced proteins migrate at approximately 30 kD by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Ser.
- >95% as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in 10mM NaH2PO4, 0.3M NaCl, pH 7.2.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1 EU per µg protein as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Recommended Usage
- Application Notes
We currently check the quality of this recombinant protein by purity, endotoxin level and molecular weight. At this time, we do not have bioassay system established yet for testing this protein. However, we are continuing to seek out options to test its activity.
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Product Citations
Secreted by white adipose tissue.
- Promotes glucose release in hepatocytes.
- Molecular Family
- Growth Factors, Cytokines/Chemokines
- Antigen References
1. Romere C, et al. 2016. Cell. 165:566.
- Gene ID
- 2200 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Asprosin on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)