- Other Names
- Streptavidin-PURE, SAV-PU, SAV
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Streptavidin is a 52.8 kD tetrameric protein obtained from Streptomyces avidinii. It binds to biotin with a very high affinity and is one of the strongest interactions in nature with a dissociation constant of 10-14 mol/L. It is used in a wide range of applications including ELISA, flow cytometry, molecular biology, and bionanotechnology.Product Details
- Each vial contains Streptavidin lyophilized in sodium chloride buffer.
- Reconstitute the content of the vial in distilled water to the desired concentration.
- Storage & Handling
- For long-term storage, store the lyophilized streptavidin at -20°C or -70°C. After reconstitution, store the solution between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, or store in aliquots at -20°C for up to 6 months.
FC - Quality tested
ELISA Capture, ELISA Detection, ICC, IHC-F, IHC-P, IP, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.06 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- 52.8 kD tetrameric protein
Streptavidin binds to biotin with high affinity
- Antigen References
1. Dundas CM, et al. 2013. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 97:9343.
2. Zhao X, et al. 2013. J. Anal. Methods Chem. 2013:581093.
3. Kaplan DL, et al. 1999. Biomol. Eng. 16:135.
4. Wilbur DS, et al. 1999. Biomol. Eng. 16:113.
5. Sano T, et al. 1998. J. Chromatogr. B. Biomed. Sci. Appl. 715:85.
- Gene ID
- View information about Streptavidin on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.