- O91D3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CTRCT30, HEL 113, Epididymis Luminal Protein 113
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Vimentin are class-III intermediate filaments found in various non-epithelial cells, especially mesenchymal cells. Vimentin is a widely expressed and highly conserved 54 kD protein that is constitutively expressed in mesenchymal cells, endothelial cells lining blood vessels, renal tubular cells, macrophages, neutrophils, fibroblasts, and leukocytes1,2. Vimentin is used as a marker of mesenchymal cells to distinguish them from epithelial cells3. Increased vimentin expression is frequently used as an EMT marker in cancer4. Autoantibodies to vimentin are commonly found in patients with autoimmune diseases such as Lupus5 and rheumatoid arthritis6, and also found after transplantation7.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full length human vimentin produced in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, ICFC, IHC-P, IHC-F - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.25 - 2.5 µg per mL. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 µg/mL is recommended. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 µg/mL is suggested. For immunohistochemistry on frozen tissue sections, a concentration range of 1.0 - 10.0 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
While this clone recognizes mouse Vimentin, we do not recommend its usage for western blot due to poor affinity of the antibody for the protein. Additional reported applications for the relevant formats include: spatial biology (IBEX)1,2.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_2565911 (BioLegend Cat. No. 677801)
AB_2565982 (BioLegend Cat. No. 677802)
- 466 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of approximately 54 kD.
- Vimentins are class-III intermediate filaments found in various non-epithelial cells, especially mesenchymal cells. Vimentin is attached to the nucleus, endoplasmic reticulum, and mitochondria, either laterally or terminally.
- HCV core protein, LGSN, SYNM, PLEC, SLC6A4, STK33, LARP6, RAB8B, TOR1A, TOR1AIP1, and BCAS3.
- Cell Type
- B cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Neural Stem Cells, Neutrophils
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Intermediate Filaments
- Antigen References
1. Kidd ME, et al. 2014. Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 50:1.
2. Fuchs E, et al. 1994. Annu. Rev. Biochem. 63:345.
3. Zeisberg M, et al. 2009. J. Clin. Invest. 119:1429.
4. Scanlon CS, et al. 2013. J. Dent. Res. 92:114.
5. Thebault S, et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 169:4046.
6. Vossenaar ER, et al. 2004. Arthritis Res. Ther. 6:R142.
7. Rose ML. 2013. Hum. Immunol. 74:1459.
- Gene ID
- 7431 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Vimentin on UniProt.org
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-Vimentin||O91D3||ICC,IHC-P,SB|
|Direct-Blot™ HRP anti-Vimentin||O91D3||WB|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Vimentin||O91D3||ICC,IHC-P,SB|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-Vimentin||O91D3||ICC,ICFC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.