- W18140A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Ubiquitin Recognition Factor in ER-Associated Degradation 1, UB Fusion Protein 1, UFD1L, Ubiquitin Fusion Degradation Protein 1
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
UFD1 forms a ternary complex with Nuclear protein localization protein 4 homolog (NPLOC4) and valosin-containing Protein (VCP), and this complex plays an essential role in detecting and binding ubiquinated proteins. The complex also aids in the export of misfolded proteins from the ER to the cytoplasm, where they are degraded by the proteasome. The NPLOC4-UFD1-VCP complex controls the disassembly of the mitotic spindle and the formation of a closed nuclear membrane after mitosis occurs.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full-length recombinant human anti-UFD1
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.05 - 1 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration of 1 μg/ml is recommended. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
When stained for ICC, the methanol permeabilization method proved more effective than the Triton X-100 permeabilization method in localizing expression in the endoplasmic reticulum.
AB_2814530 (BioLegend Cat. No. 671301)
AB_2814531 (BioLegend Cat. No. 671302)
- UFD1 is a 307 amino-acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 38 kD.
Localized to endoplasmic reticulum; ubiquitously expressed
- Ubiquitinated protein degradation; mitotic spindle degradation; nuclear envelope formation
- NPLOC4; VCP
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation, Protein Trafficking and Clearance, Ubiquitin/Protein Degradation
- Antigen References
- Pizzuti A, et al. 1997. Hum. Mol. Genet. 6(2):259-65.
- Botta A, et al. 2001. Gene. 275(1):39-46.
- Hao Q, et al. 2015. EMBO. J. 34(23):2903-20.
- Chen M, et al. 2011. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 108(22):9119-24.
- Gene ID
- 7353 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about UFD1 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-UFD1||W18140A||WB, IP, ICC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.