- F31P2A5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- TIMP1, EPA, Collagenase inhibitor, Fibroblast collagenase inhibitor
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
TIMP-1 (Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1) is a glycoprotein that belongs to the protease inhibitor I35 (TIMP) family. Contains 1 NTR domain, predicted molecular weight 23 kD. TIMP-1 forms complexes with matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and inhibits the proteolytic activity of these enzymes. High levels TIMP-1 protein has been found in several types of cancers including breast cancer and this increase associated with a poor patient prognosis. TIMP-1 has also been implicated in the inhibition of apoptosis, promotion of growth, and process of angiogenesis. TIMP-1 may be useful as a prognostic marker in combination with urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 (PAI-1). Clone F31P2A5 has been shown to be useful for western blotting, immunohistochemistry and ELISA of human and monkey TIMP-1.Product Details
- Human, Monkey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Ovalbumin-conjugated synthetic Peptide FQALGDAADIR
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide at 0.5 mg/ml.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P, ELISA - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 4 µg per 1 ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Murray G et al. 1998. Gut. 43:791. (IHC)
AB_2204557 (BioLegend Cat. No. 635302)
- Belongs to the protease inhibitor I35 (TIMP) family. Contains 1 NTR domain, predicted molecular weight 23 kD.
Extracellular, expressed in a number of connective tissues, plasma and amniotic fluid.
- TIMP-1 forms complexes with matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and inhibits the proteolytic activity of these enzymes. High levels of TIMP-1 protein has been found in several types of cancers (eg. breast cancer) where the increase has been associated with a poor patient prognosis.
- MMP-1, MMP-3, MMP-9
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators
- Antigen References
1. Lambert E, et al. 2004. Crit. Rev. Oncol./Hematol. 49:187
- Gene ID
- 7076 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TIMP-1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.