- 11H11A14 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- T-helper-inducing POZ/Krueppel-like factor, Zinc finger and BTB domain-containing protein 7B (ZBTB7B), Krueppel-related zinc finger protein (cKrox), Zinc finger protein 67 homolog (ZFP-67)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Th-POK is a member of the BTB-POZ domain-containing zinc finger transcription factor family. It regulates gene expression during intrathymic T cell differentiation. A single autosomal recessive mutation of the Th-POK gene results in the absence of mature CD4+ helper T cells, called helper-deficient (HD) phenotype. In Th-POK deficient mice, MHC class II restricted thymocytes are redirected to the CD8+ T cell lineage. On the contrary, forced expression of Th-POK redirects MHC class I restricted thymocytes to the CD4+ T cell lineage. Inactivation of Th-POK in mature CD4+ T cells results in induction of the genes preferentially expressed in CD8+ T cells, such as CD8, granzyme B, and IFN-γ. These findings suggest that Th-POK is essential in promoting commitment of immature T cells to the CD4 lineage and maintaining the characteristics of mature CD4+ T helper cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human Th-POK recombinant protein (197-345 a.a.)
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
NOTE: For flow cytometric staining with this clone, True-Nuclear™ Transcription Factor Buffer Set (Cat. No. 424401) offers improved staining and is highly recommended.
This clone displays a similar affinity to BioLegend clone W15147A by western blot. However, this clone does not recognize mouse TH-POK.
AB_2562394 (BioLegend Cat. No. 656402)
- 539 amino acids, predicted molecular weight of 58 kD; contains four C2H2-type zinc finger regions that are responsible for DNA binding; contains a BTB-POZ domain which is involved in homodimerization and association with other factors
- Transcription factor that regulates CD4 lineage commitment of immature T-cell precursors; acts as a transcriptional repressor of collagen and fibronectin genes
- Acetyltransferase p300
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Kappes DJ. 2010. Immunol. Rev. 238:182.
2. Mariani F, et al. 2013. PLoS One. 8:e54488.
3. Zhang M, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 185:3960.
4. Egawa T, et al. 2008. Nat. Immunol. 9:1131.
5. Wildt KF, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:4405.
6. Setoguchi R, et al. 2009. J. Immunol. 183:4467.
- Gene ID
- 51043 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Th-POK on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.