- A17106C (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Transcription factor EB
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The autophagy-lysosomal pathway is involved in the degradation of long-lived proteins. The transcription factor EB (TFEB) plays a critical role in regulating basic cellular processes, such as lysosomal biogenesis and autophagy. The subcellular localization and activity of TFEB are regulated by mechanistic target of rapamycin (mTOR)-mediated phosphorylation. TFEB is also involved in physiological processes, and it induces the intracellular clearance of pathogenic factors in a variety of diseases, such as Parkinson's and Alzheimer's, suggesting that novel therapeutic strategies could be based on the modulation of TFEB activity.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 5.0 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue, a concentration range of 5 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2728585 (BioLegend Cat. No. 852001)
AB_2728586 (BioLegend Cat. No. 852002)
- TFEB is a 476 amino acid protein with a molecular weight mass of approximately 53kD.
Tissue distribution: TFEB is expressed in numerous cell types of the central nervous system (CNS).
Cellular distribution: Cytosolic and nucleus.
- TFEB is a major regulator of autophagy and lysosomal biogenesis.
- TFEB interacts with the mTOR complex and its activity is thought to be regulated through the phosphorylation by mTOR.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Protein Trafficking and Clearance, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
- Martini-Stoica H, et al. 2016. Trends Neurosci. 221-234.
- Napolitano G, Ballabio A. 2016. J. Cell Sci. 129: 2475-81.
- Raben N, Puertollano R. 2016. Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 32: 255-278.
- Gene ID
- 7942 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TFEB on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.