- SP11 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Vesicle-associated membrane protein 1, synaptobrevin-1, VAMP-1, SYB1
Covance Catalog# MMS-636P
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Synaptobrevins, also known as VAMPs, along with syntaxins and the synaptosomal-associated protein SNAP25, form the protein complex that is involved with the docking and fusion of synaptic vesicles with the presynaptic membrane. Synaptobrevins have a molecular weight of 18 kD, and are also involved in the formation of the SNARE complexes. The synaptobrevins are degraded by the protein tetanospasmin, from the tetanus-causing bacterium Clostridium tetani, as well as botulinum toxin from Clostridium botulinum.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.0 - 10 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB), immunocytochemistry (ICC).
SP11 reacts with native, denatured and recombinant synaptic vesicle proteins synaptobrevin/VAMP-1 (aa 1-118).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Tsuboi Y, et al. 2003. Neurology. 60:1766.
- Masliah E, et al. 1994. Acta Neuropath. 87:135.
- Mallory M, et al. 1999. Acta Neuropath. 97:437.
- Honer WG, et al. 1993. Brain Res. 609:9.
AB_2564675 (BioLegend Cat. No. 805101)
- Expected MW: 16 kD
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Presynaptic proteins
- Gene ID
- 6843 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Synaptobrevin on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.