- O94E12 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Transmembrane Protein 173, MPYS, Endoplasmic Reticulum Interferon Stimulator, ERIS, MITA, NET23, and Mitochondrial Mediator of IRF3 Activation
- Mouse IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
STING (TMEM173), also called stimulator of interferon genes, is a transmembrane adaptor protein that plays an important role in the innate immune response against viral and bacterial infections. It has been shown that cyclic GMP-AMP synthase (cGAS) plays a key role in STING activation. Upon activation, STING triggers downstream transcription factors STAT6 and IRF3 through TBK1 and leads to production of IFN-β. IFN-β protects infected cells and nearby cells from local infection. It is clear that chronic STING activation is involved in chronic inflammatory diseases, such as autoimmune syndromes and cancer.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full length recombinant STING (TMEM173) protein produced in 293T cells.
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- Affinity purified.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 2.0 µg/ml (1:250-1:500). It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2565608 (BioLegend Cat. No. 675902)
- A 379 amino acid protein with a predicated molecular weight around 42 kD, and observed molecular weight on SDS gel is around 35 kD.
STING is expressed in various hematopoietic cells such as T lymphocytes, NK cells, myeloid cells and monocytes and is also highly expressed in lung, ovary, heart, smooth muscle, retina, bone marrow and vagina.
- Adapter protein involved in the Toll-like receptor and IL-1 receptor signaling pathway in the innate immune response.
- MHC-II complex, DDX58/RIG-I, MAVS, SSR2, RNF5, TRIM56, TBK1, IFIT1 and IFIT2.
- Cell Type
- B cells, Monocytes, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Signal Transduction, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Lemos H, et al. 2015. Expert Rev Clin Immunol. 11:155.
2. Konno H, et al. 2014. Microbes Infect. 16:998.
3. Maringer K, et al. 2014. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 25:669.
4. Cai X, et al. 2014. Mol Cell. 54:289.
5. Barber GN, et al. 2014. Trends Immunol. 35:88.
6. Sun L, et al. 2013. Science. 339:786.
- Gene ID
- 340061 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about STING on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.