- 16G12A08 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 6, IL-4 Stat
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
STAT6 is a member of the signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT) family, activating gene expression in response to IL-4 and IL-13 stimulation. Upon cytokine stimulation, the receptor is phosphorylated by the associated Janus Kinases (Jak), followed by recruiting cytoplasmic STAT6. The Y641 residue of STAT6 is, in turn, phosphorylated by Jak. Phosphorylated STAT6 forms homodimers, transclocates to the nucleus, and regulates transcription of target genes. STAT6 plays crucial roles in differentiation of T helper 2 (Th2) cells, class switch of immunoglobulins in B cells, expression of cell surface markers such as MHC class II, and the development of allergic inflammation.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human STAT6 recombinant protein (678-847 aa)
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- Affinity purified.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration of 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 5.0 - 20 μg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2562691 (BioLegend Cat. No. 657901)
AB_2562691 (BioLegend Cat. No. 657902)
- 847 amino acids, predicted molecular weight of 94 kD. Contains a SH2 domain responsible for phosphor-Tyrosine binding and dimerization. The C-terminal LXXLL motif is required for interaction with NCOA1.
Cytoplasm. Translocates to the nucleus when phosphorylated.
- STAT6 is a transcription factor, mediating IL-4 and IL-13 signaling.
- STAT6 interacts with CBP/p300 and NCOA1. Forms a homodimer or a heterodimer with other STAT family members.
- Cell Type
- B cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Signal Transduction, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Goenka S, et al. 2011. Immunol. Res. 50:87.
2. Wurster AL, et al. 2000. Oncogene. 19:2577.
3. Akira S. 1999. Stem Cells 17:138.
4. Zamorano J, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:2843.
5. David M, et al. 2001. Oncogene. 20:6660.
6. Takeda K, et al. 1996. Nature 380:627.
- Gene ID
- 6778 View all products for this Gene ID 20852 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about STAT6 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.