- A20087F (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Nucleocapsid phosphoprotein, N, Nucleoprotein
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) is a single stranded RNA virus that belongs in a family of viruses known as coronaviruses. SARS-CoV-2 infection, known as COVID-19, was declared a pandemic in 2020 and among other symptoms leads to respiratory infection, pulmonary failure which can be fatal. SARS-CoV-2 is structurally composed of 4 main proteins (e.g. spike glycoprotein, envelope glycoprotein, membrane glycoprotein and nucleocapsid protein) and several accessory proteins.
The SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid (N) is an abundant protein, that binds to the viral RNA and helps stabilize it. It has been proposed that N protein forms bimolecular condensates that both regulate viral replication and modulate the host response to the virus following infection. N protein is a major antigen that the host immune response is directed to following SARS CoV-2 infection making it a promising candidate for vaccine development and drug therapy.
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid recombinant protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
Direct ELISA - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.125 - 1.0 µg/mL. For the Direct ELISA application, a concentration of 2.5 ng/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
SARS-CoV-2 is 90% homologous to SARS-CoV. Cross reactivity of anti-SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid antibody (clone A20087F) with SARS-CoV has not been tested.
AB_2888743 (BioLegend Cat. No. 940901)
AB_2888743 (BioLegend Cat. No. 940902)
- SARS-CoV-2 is a 419 amino acid protein with an expected molecular weight of 46 kD.
Viral nucleoprotein, host cell Golgi apparatus
- RNA binding, transcription regulation
- Biology Area
- Antigen References
- Zeng W, et al. 2020. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 527:618-623.
- Yoshimoto FK. 2020. Protein J. 39:198-216.
- Cascarina SM & Ross ED. 2020. FASEB J. fj.202001351.
- Gene ID
- 43740575 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.