- WT.1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- LFA-1 α chain, αL Integrin, ITGAL, Ly-15, Ly-21
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD11a is a 160-170 kD glycoprotein also known as αL integrin, or LFA-1 α chain. It is a member of the integrin family and forms a heterodimer with β2 integrin (CD18). The LFA-1 (CD11a/CD18) is broadly expressed on leukocytes and mediates intercellular adhesion and cellular activation. CD54 (ICAM-1), CD102 (ICAM-2), and CD50 (ICAM-3) are the ligands of LFA-1.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- PHA-stimulated rat splenocytes and rat thymic lymphoma FTL-43
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
Block, IHC-F, IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The WT.1 antibody recognizes both activated and unactivated LFA-1 and inhibits the binding of LFA-1 to ICAM-1. The WT.1 antibody has been shown to inhibit the mixed lymphocyte reaction, leukocyte infiltration, and graft rejection. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen sections1,2, immunoprecipitation3, in vivo and in vitro blocking of cellular adhesion3-6.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Andrews FJ, et al. 1997. Dig. Dis. Sci. 42:326. (IHC)
- Springer TA. 1994. Cell 76:301. (IHC)
- Tamatani T, et al. 1991. Eur. J. Immunol. 21:627. (IP, Block)
- Devine L, et al. 1996. Immunol. 88:456. (Block)
- Ohta Y, et al. 1998. Transplantation 65:1094. (Block)
- Watanabe T, et al. 1997. Am. J. Pathol. 150:971. (Block)
- Product Citations
AB_2749874 (BioLegend Cat. No. 201902)
- 160-170 kD glycoprotein
Leukocytes including lymphocytes, monocytes/macrophages, and granulocytes.
- Mediates intercellular adhesion and cellular activation.
- CD54 (ICAM-1), CD102 (ICAM-2), CD50 (ICAM-3)
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Tamatani T, et al. 1991. Eur. J. Immunol. 21:627.
2. Tamatani T, et al. 1991. Eur. J. Immunol. 21:855.
- Gene ID
- 308995 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD11a on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.