- MR106 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- VCAM-1, INCAM-110
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD106 is a 110 kD transmembrane protein also known as VCAM-1 and INCAM-110. It is an immunoglobulin superfamily member and is expressed on bone marrow stromal cells, myeloid cells, splenic dendritic cells and endothelial cells (activated by cytokines). CD106 is a counter-receptor for VLA-4 (α4β1 integrin) and LPAM-1 (α4β7 integrin). The interactions of CD106 and VLA-4 or LPAM-1 play an important role in binding of leukocytes to activated endothelial cells and leukocyte extravasation at inflammatory sites.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Rat VCAM-1 transfected L5178Y cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections1,2,3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Bevilacqua, M.P. 1993. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 11:767. (IHC)
- Wingerd, K.L., et al. 2002. J. Neuroscience 22:10772. (IHC)
- Ogawa, T., et al. 2004. Am J. Physiol. Gastrointest. Liver Physiol. 286:G702. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2304304 (BioLegend Cat. No. 200401)
AB_2214211 (BioLegend Cat. No. 200402)
- Ig superfamily, 110 kD
Bone marrow stromal cells, myeloid cells, splenic dendritic cells, induced on endothelial cells
- Adhesion, leukocyte extravasation at sites of inflammation
- VLA-4 (α4/β1 integrin) and LPAM-1 (α4/β7 integrin)
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay, A.N., et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook. Academic Press.
2. Kinashi, T., et al. 1995. J. Leuk. Biol. 57:168.
3. Bevilacquea, M.P., 1993. Ann. Rev. Immunol. 11:767.
4. Koni, P.A., et al. 2001. J. Exp. Med. 193:741.
- Gene ID
- 22329 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD106 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.