- Poly6232 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Regulatory associated protein of mTOR, p150 target of rapamycin (TOR)-scaffold protein
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|623202||200 µl (20 Western blots)||200€|
Raptor, also known as regulatory associated protein of mTOR, is a scaffold protein of approximately 150 kD that is highly expressed in skeletal muscle. Raptor functions as an essential scaffold for mTOR-catalyzed phosphorylation of 4EBP1 critical for TOR activity in vivo. Raptor is involved in nutrient-stimulated signaling to the downstream effector RPSKB1 and has been shown to negatively regulate the FRAP1 kinase under conditions of nutrient deprivation. Raptor/FRAP1 interactions are critical for the coordination of cell size and cell growth under different environmental conditions. The Raptor protein has been shown to interact with mTOR, 4EBP1, RPS6KB1 and FRAP1. The Poly6232 antibody recognizes human Raptor and has been shown to be useful for Western blotting.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.
- The antibody was purified by antigen-affinity chromatography.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store frozen at -20°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 10 µl per 5 ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. For IHC, use a 1:50 dilution of antibody for staining. Antigen retrieval for IHC of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue using 0.01 M sodium citrate buffer is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
AB_2249473 (BioLegend Cat. No. 623202)
- mTOR scaffold protein, contains 7 WD repeats, 150 kD. Alternatively spliced variants have been reported.
Highly expressed in skeletal muscle, expressed in lower amounts in brain, lung, small intestine, kidney, and placenta.
- Essential scaffold for mTOR-catalyzed phosphorylation of 4EBP1 critical for TOR activity in vivo. Has positive role in nutrient-stimulated signaling to the downstream effector RPSKB1. Raptor negatively regulates FRAP1 kinase under conditions of nutrient-d
- Binds to mTOR, 4EBP1 amd RPS6KB1; forms complex with FRAP1.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Signal Transduction
- Antigen References
1. Hara K, et al. 2002. Cell 110:177.
2. Yonezawa K, et al. 2004. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 313:437.
3. Kim DH, et al. 2002. Cell 110:163.
4. Oshiro N, et al. 2004. Genes Cells 9:359.
- Gene ID
- 57521 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Raptor on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.