- PKC0103 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Protein kinase C
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|624302||500 µl (20 Western blots)||200,00€|
PKC, also known as protein kinase C, belongs to a kinase family involved in intracellular signaling processes. PKC isoforms are divided into three groups known as conventional (including PKCα, PKCβ1, PKCβ2 and PKCγ), novel (including PKCε, μ, θ, δ, η), and atypical PKC isoforms (such as ξ). Conventional PKC isoforms require calcium and diacylglycerol for activation, novel isoforms require diacylglycerol, and atypical isoforms require neither calcium nor diacylglycerol. Once activated by phosphorylation, the PKCs phosphorylate a large variety of substrates involved in cell differentiation, proliferation, and activation. The PKC0103 antibody recognizes human, mouse, and rat PKC and is useful for Western blotting and immunoprecipitation.Product Details
- Mouse, Rat, Human
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Protein kinase C from bovine brain
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% gelatin.
- This antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 25 µl per 5 ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone PKC0103 recognizes PKC a, ß, and ?.
AB_315982 (BioLegend Cat. No. 624302)
- Serine/threonine kinase containing a regulatory and catalytic domain composed of a number of conserved regions interspersed with variable regions. Human PKCα has a predicted MW of 77kD; PKCβ has two isoforms with a predicted MW of 76.8kD and 77kD; PKCγ has two isoforms with a predicted MW of 78kD and 62kD.
High expression in brain, isoforms vary in tissue expression
- PKC isoforms are involved in a variety of intracellular signaling processes mediated through phospholipids hydrolysis. Once activated by phosphorylation, the PKCs phosphorylate a large variety of substrates involved in cell differentiation, proliferation,
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
1. Liu WS, et al. 1998. Cell Signal 10:529.
2. Way KJ, et al. 2000. Trends Pharmacol. Sci. 21:181.
- Gene ID
- 5578 View all products for this Gene ID 5579 View all products for this Gene ID 5582 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about PKC on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.