- MP6-XT22 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Tumor necrosis factor-α, Cachectin, Necrosin, Macrophage cytotoxic factor (MCF), Differentiation inducing factor (DIF), TNFSF-2, TNF-a, TNF-alpha
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
TNF-α is secreted by macrophages, monocytes, neutrophils, T-cells, and NK-cells. Many transformed cell lines also secrete TNF-α. Monomeric mouse TNF-α is a 156 amino acid protein (N-glycosylated) with a reported molecular weight of 17.5 kD. TNF-α forms multimeric complexes; stable trimers are most common in solution. A 26 kD membrane form of TNF-α has also been described. TNF-α binding to surface receptors elicits a wide array of biologic activities including: cytolysis and cytostasis of many tumor cell lines in vitro, hemorrhagic necrosis of tumors in vivo, increased fibroblast proliferation, and enhanced chemotaxis and phagocytosis in neutrophils.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- E. coli-expressed, recombinant mouse TNF-α
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
- Recommended Usage
This product is suitable for use with the Maxpar® Metal Labeling Kits. For metal labeling using Maxpar® Ready antibodies, proceed directly to the step to Partially Reduce the Antibody by adding 100 µl of Maxpar® Ready antibody to 100 µl of 4 mM TCEP-R in a 50 kDa filter and continue with the protocol. Always refer to the latest version of Maxpar® User Guide when conjugating Maxpar® Ready antibodies.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Detection: The biotinylated MP6-XT22 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with purified 6B8 antibody (Cat. Nos. 510802 & 510804) as the capture antibody.
ELISA Capture: The purified MP6-XT22 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA when used in conjunction with the biotinylated Poly5160 antibody (Cat. No. 516003) as the detection antibody and recombinant mouse TNF-α (Cat. No. 575209) as the standard.
Flow Cytometry6,11,12:The fluorochrome-labeled MP6-XT22 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify TNF-a-producing cells within mixed cell populations.
Neutralization1,5,10,16,17:The MP6-XT22 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant TNF-α. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of mouse TNF-α bioactivity in vivo and in vitro(Cat. No. 506310). For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 506332) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg).
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting, immunohistochemical staining of paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated frozen tissue sections7-9 in vivo detection5, immunofluorescence, and immunocytochemistry.
Note: For testing mouse TNF-α in serum, plasma or supernatant, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 430901) are specially developed and recommended.
- Additional Product Notes
Maxpar® is a registered trademark of Standard BioTools Inc.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5. (Neut)
- Abrams J, et al. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.20
- Mo X, et al. 1995. J. Virol. 69:1288.
- Sarawar S, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. 153:1246.
- Via C, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 167:6821. (Neut)
- Infante-Duarte C, et al. 2000 J. Immunol. 165:6107. (FC)
- Jacobs M, et al. 2000. Immunology 100:494. (IHC)
- Marinova-Mutachieva L, et al. 1997. Clin. Exp. Immunol. 107:507. (IHC)
- Williams RO, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:7240. (IHC)
- Scanga CA, et al. 1999. Infect. Immun. 67:4531. (Neut)
- Akilov OE, et al. 2007. J. Leukoc. Biol. 2007;10.1189/jlb.0706439. (FC)
- Lawson BR, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:5366. (FC)
- Patole PS, et al. 2005. J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 16:3273. PubMed
- Wu S, et al. 2005. Neurosci Lett. 394:158. PubMed
- Carlson MJ, et al. 2009. Blood 113:1365. PubMed
- Shivakumar P, et al. 2017. JCI Insight. 2:e88747 1. PubMed
- Kearney CJ, et al. 2017. Cell Death Differ. 10.1038/cdd.2017.94. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2562848 (BioLegend Cat. No. 506335)
- TNF superfamily; dimer/trimer; 17.5-150 kD (Mammalian)
- Paracrine/endocrine mediator of inflammatory and immune functions; selectively cytotoxic for transformed cells; endothelial cell alterations; chemoattractant
- Cell Sources
- Activated monocytes, neutrophils, macrophages, T cells, B cells, NK cells, LAK cells
- Cell Targets
- Monocytes, neutrophils, macrophages, T cells, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, osteoclasts, adipocytes, astroglia, microglia
- TNFRSF1A (TNF-R1, CD120a, TNFR-p60 Type β, p55); TNFRSF1B (TNF-R2, CD120b, TNFR-p80 Type A, p75)
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Beutler B, et al. 1988. Annu. Rev. Biochem. 57:505.
3. Beutler B, et al. 1989. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 7:625.
4. Tracey K, et al. 1993. Crit. Care Med. 21:S415.
- Processed by TACE for secretion; upregulated by interferons, IL-2, GM-CSF, substance P, bradykinin, PAF, immune complexes, and cyclooxygenase; downregulated by IL-6, TGF-β, vitamin D3, prostaglandin E2, and PAF antagonists
- Gene ID
- 21926 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TNF-alpha on UniProt.org
- Can I obtain CyTOF data related to your Maxpar® Ready antibody clones?
We do not test our antibodies by mass cytometry or on a CyTOF machine in-house. The data displayed on our website is provided by Fluidigm®. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for additional data and further details.
- Can I use Maxpar® Ready format clones for flow cytometry staining?
We have not tested the Maxpar® Ready antibodies formulated in solution containing EDTA for flow cytometry staining. While it is likely that this will work in majority of the situations, it is best to use the non-EDTA formulated version of the same clone for flow cytometry testing. The presence of EDTA in some situations might negatively affect staining.
- I am having difficulty observing a signal after conjugating a metal tag to your Maxpar® antibody. Please help troubleshoot.
We only supply the antibody and not test that in house. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for troubleshooting advice: http://techsupport.fluidigm.com/
- Is there a difference between buffer formulations related to Maxpar® Ready and purified format antibodies?
The Maxpar® Ready format antibody clones are formulated in Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA. The regular purified format clones are formulated in solution that does not contain any EDTA. Both formulations are however without any extra carrier proteins.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-mouse TNF-α
FITC anti-mouse TNF-α
PE anti-mouse TNF-α
Purified anti-mouse TNF-α
Biotin anti-mouse TNF-α
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse TNF-α
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse TNF-α
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse TNF-α
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse TNF-α
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse TNF-α
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse TNF-α
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse TNF-α
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse TNF-α
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-mouse TNF-α
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse TNF-α
Purified anti-mouse TNF-α (Maxpar® Ready)
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse TNF-α
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-mouse TNF-α
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse TNF-α
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse TNF-α
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse TNF-α
Brilliant Violet 750™ anti-mouse TNF-α
GoInVivo™ Purified anti-mouse TNF-α
Spark NIR™ 685 anti-mouse TNF-α