- TC11-18H10.1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-17, Cytotoxic T lymphocyte-associated antigen 8 (CTLA-8)
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-17, also known as CTLA-8, is a T cell-expressed pleiotropic cytokine that exhibits a high degree of homology to a protein encoded by the ORF13 gene of herpes virus Saimiri. IL-17 is produced by Th cells (Th17) that are distinct from the traditional Th1- and Th2-cell subsets. IL-23 plays an important role in triggering IL-17 production. Both recombinant and natural IL-17 have been shown to exist as disulfide linked homodimers. IL-17 exhibits multiple biological activities on a variety of cells including: the induction of IL-6 and IL-8 production in fibroblasts, activation of NF-κB, and costimulation of T cell proliferation. IL-17 is an essential inflammatory mediator in the development of autoimmune diseases. Neutralization of IL-17 with monoclonal antibody is able to ameliorate the disease course.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- E. coli expressed, recombinant mouse IL-17A
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
- Recommended Usage
This product is suitable for use with the Maxpar® Metal Labeling Kits. For metal labeling using Maxpar® Ready antibodies, proceed directly to the step to Partially Reduce the Antibody by adding 100 µl of Maxpar® Ready antibody to 100 µl of 4 mM TCEP-R in a 50 kDa filter and continue with the protocol. Always refer to the latest version of Maxpar® User Guide when conjugating Maxpar® Ready antibodies.
- Application Notes
ELISA Capture3,4 and ELISPOT Capture5: The purified TC11-18H10.1 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated TC11-8H4 antibody (Cat. No. 507002) as the detecting antibody and recombinant mouse IL-17 (Cat. No. 576009) as the standard.
Flow Cytometry2-4,7,8,11,12: The TC11-18H10.1 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IL-17-producing cells within mixed cell populations.
Neutralization6,9: The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of mouse IL-17 bioactivity in vivo and in vitro (Cat. No. 506906).
- Additional Product Notes
Maxpar® is a registered trademark of Standard BioTools Inc.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kennedy J, et al. 1996. J. Interferon Cytokine Res. 16:611.
- Schubert D, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 172:4503. (ICFC)
- Infante-Duarte C, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:6107. (ICFC, ELISA Capture)
- Harrington LE, et al. 2005. Nature Immunol. doi:10.1038/ni1254. (ICFC, ELISA Capture)
- Nekrasova T, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:2734. (ELISPOT Capture)
- Yen D, et al. 2006. J. Clin. Invest. 116:1310. (Neut)
- Ehirchiou D, et al. 2007. J. Exp. Med. 204:1519. (ICFC)
- Kang SG, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:3724. (ICFC)
- Smith E, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 181:1357. (Neut) PubMed
- Neufert C, et al. 2007. Eur. J. Immunol. 37:1809. PubMed
- Wang C, et al. 2009. Mucosal Immunol 2:173. (ICFC) PubMed
- Cui Y, et al. 2009. Invest. Ophth. Vis. Sci. 50:5811. (ICFC) PubMed
- Kivisäkk P, et al. 2009. Ann. Neurol. 65:457. PubMed
- Cooney LA, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 187:4440. PubMed
- Ma Y, et al. 2012. PLoS One. 7:e40763. PubMed
- Murakami R, et al. 2013. PLoS One. 8:73270. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2562850 (BioLegend Cat. No. 506935)
- Cytokine; dimer; 15 kD (Mammalian).
- Secretion of IL-6, IL-8, G-CSF, prostaglandin E2 by epithelial, endothelial or fibroblastic cells; stimulates cell migration, cord formation, and IL-6 secretion by stromal cells
- Cell Sources
- CD4+ memory T cells
- Cell Targets
- Fibroblasts, epithelial and endothelial cells, stromal cells
- IL-17R (CD217)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Numasaki M, et al. 2002. Blood 101:2620.
3. Fossiez F, et al. 1996. J. Exp. Med. 183:2593.
4. Yao Z, et al. 1997. Cytokine 9:794.
5. Dong C. 2006. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 6:329.
6. Hofstetter HH, et al. 2005 Cell. Immunol. 237:123.
- Gene ID
- 16171 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-17A on UniProt.org
- Does the anti-mouse IL-17 antibody (clone TC11-18H10.1) recognize the A or F isoform?
- Clone TC11-18H10.1 recognizes IL-17A isoform, but it also recognizes the IL-17A/F heterodimer via IL-17A binding.
- Can I obtain CyTOF data related to your Maxpar® Ready antibody clones?
We do not test our antibodies by mass cytometry or on a CyTOF machine in-house. The data displayed on our website is provided by Fluidigm®. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for additional data and further details.
- Can I use Maxpar® Ready format clones for flow cytometry staining?
We have not tested the Maxpar® Ready antibodies formulated in solution containing EDTA for flow cytometry staining. While it is likely that this will work in majority of the situations, it is best to use the non-EDTA formulated version of the same clone for flow cytometry testing. The presence of EDTA in some situations might negatively affect staining.
- I am having difficulty observing a signal after conjugating a metal tag to your Maxpar® antibody. Please help troubleshoot.
We only supply the antibody and not test that in house. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for troubleshooting advice: http://techsupport.fluidigm.com/
- Is there a difference between buffer formulations related to Maxpar® Ready and purified format antibodies?
The Maxpar® Ready format antibody clones are formulated in Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA. The regular purified format clones are formulated in solution that does not contain any EDTA. Both formulations are however without any extra carrier proteins.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
PE anti-mouse IL-17A
Purified anti-mouse IL-17A
FITC anti-mouse IL-17A
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse IL-17A
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse IL-17A
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse IL-17A
APC anti-mouse IL-17A
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse IL-17A
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse IL-17A
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse IL-17A
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse IL-17A
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse IL-17A
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-mouse IL-17A
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-mouse IL-17A
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse IL-17A
Purified anti-mouse IL-17A (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse IL-17A
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse IL-17A
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse IL-17A
PerCP anti-mouse IL-17A
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse IL-17A