- HMαV-1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- αv integrin, Vitronectin Receptor, Integrin αv chain, ITGAV
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD51 is a 140 kD protein, also known as αV integrin, vitronectin receptor, and integrin αV. It is a member of the integrin family, expressed on activated T cells, polymorphonuclear granulocytes, platelets, blastocysts, and osteoclasts. CD51 forms heterodimers by association with integrins β1, β3, β5 or β6; these complexes then act as receptors for multiple extracellular matrix proteins (ECM). The αv integrin heterodimers have varied functions in development, stimulation/activation and homeostasis. The primary ligands for CD51 complexes are fibronectin, fibrinogen, vitronectin, thrombspondin, von Willebrand factor, and CD31. The RMV-7 antibody has been reported to block binding of CD51 to vitronectin, fibronectin, and CD31 in some cell types, as well as blocking LAK cell cytotoxicity.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Affinity-purified αVβ3
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.1 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2687270 (BioLegend Cat. No. 153202)
- Integrin family, associates with integrins β1, β3, β5 or β6, 140 kD
Activated T cells, polymorphonuclear granulocytes, blastocysts, osteoclasts
- Fibronectin, fibrinogen, vitronectin, thrombspondin, von Willebrand factor, and CD31.
- Cell Type
- T cells, Granulocytes, Osteoclasts
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Costimulatory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Maxfield SR, et al. 1989. J. Exp. Med. 169:2173.
2. Piali L, et al. 1995. J. Cell Biol. 130:451.
- Gene ID
- 16410 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD51 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All CD51 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-mouse CD51||HMαV-1||FC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.