- ZND36-6 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- FAT, gpIIIb, gpIV
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD36 is a 85 kD glycoprotein, also known as FAT, gpIIIb, or gpIV. It is a member of the class B scavenger receptor family, expressed on platelets, monocytes, macrophages, megakaryocytes, microvasculature, dendritic cells and mammary endothelial cells. The primary ligands for CD36 have been reported to be oxidized low density lipoprotein, anionic phospholipids, and collagens I, IV, and V. CD36 acts as a scavenger receptor thus promoting the removal of apoptotic neutrophils and other apoptotic bodies, as well as clearance of defective erythrocytes.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse CD36/NIH-3T3 cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10.0 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
1. Tsugita M. et al. 2017. Cell Rep. 18:1298. (FC and IHC-F)
- Product Citations
AB_2892336 (BioLegend Cat. No. 163002)
- Scavenger receptor superfamily, 85 kD
Platelets, monocytes, macrophages, microvascular and mammary endothelial cells
- Scavenger receptor, recognition and phagocytosis of apoptotic neutrophils, adhesion
- Endothelial cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, Platelets
- Oxidized low density lipoprotein, anionic phospholipids, collagen I, IV, and V
- Cell Type
- Macrophages, Monocytes, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
- Greenwalt DE, et al. 1992. Blood. 80:1105.
- Endemann G, et al. 1993. J Biol Chem. 268:11811.
- Gene ID
- 12491 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD36 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.