- 11H4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- LRP1, LDL Receptor Related Protein 1, CD91, APOER
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
LRP1 gene encodes a 4544 amino acid precursor protein that is processed in the trans-Golgi complex into the 515 kD alpha chain and the 85 kD beta chain. The alpha and beta chains of LRP1 form a transmembrane receptor on the plasma membrane that plays a role in receptor-mediated endocytosis and lipoprotein metabolism. LRP1 contributes to the maintenance of brain homeostasis through various signaling pathways. It also mediates the uptake and clearance of amyloid beta (Aβ). Dysfunction of LRP1 may be a contributing factor in the developent of Alzheimer’s disease.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody recognizes the beta chain of LRP1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Spoelgen R, et al. 2009. Neuroscience. 158(4):1460 (WB)
- Lleó A, et al. 2005. J Biol Chem. 280(29):27303 (WB, ICC)
- Campana WM, et al. 2006. J Neurosci. 26(43):11197 (WB, IHC)
- Nieves EC and Manchanda N. 2010. J Biol Chem. 285(17):12595 (IP)
AB_2801223 (BioLegend Cat. No. 858701)
AB_2801224 (BioLegend Cat. No. 858702)
- The beta chain of LRP1 is a 601 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 85 kD.
Tissue Distribution: brain, lung, adipose tissue, and reproductive system.
Cellular Distribution: plasma membrane, nucleus, cytosol, lysosome, and endosome.
- Receptor-mediated endocytosis; lipoprotein metabolism
- SHC1, GULP1, DAB1, LRPAP1, NPXY
- Receptor for APOE4/APOE, Alpha-2-macroglobulin, Pseudomonas aeruginosa exotoxin A
- Cell Type
- Microglia, Oligodendrocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Protein Trafficking and Clearance, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Apolipoproteins, Tumor Suppressors
- Antigen References
- Actis Dato V and Chiabrando GA. 2018. Int J Mol Sci. E1780
- Storck SE and Pietrzik CU, 2017. Pharm Res. 34(12):2637
- Holtzman DM, et al. 2012, Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med. 2(3):a006312
- Gene ID
- 4035 View all products for this Gene ID 299858 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about LRP1 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-LRP1 (CD91)||11H4||WB|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.