- A19012A/R/C (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Transcription factor Jun, activator protein 1 (AP1), Proto-oncogene c-Jun, transcription factor AP-1 subunit Jun, V-jun avian sarcoma virus 17 oncogene homolog, p39
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
c-Jun is the first oncogenic transcription factor ever discovered. It heterodimerizes with members of the Fos protein family, such as c-Fos, to form the AP-1 transcription factor complex, exhibiting both activating and repressive functions depending on the interacting partner and promoter sequence context. c-Jun is required for cell cycle progression, and is protective against DNA damage, such as that resulting from ultraviolet light exposure. c-Jun is also overexpressed in many cancers including lung, breast and vulvar cancer, and is a target for anti-cancer therapies. Phosphorylation of c-Jun at serine 63 and 73 is activational, and mediated by the MAPK signaling cascade.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide of human c-Jun phosphorylated at Ser73
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 3.0 - 5.0 μg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- c-Jun is a 331 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 35.7 kD.
c-Jun is primarily expressed in the nucleus
- Transcription factor
- c-Jun forms the AP-1 transcription factor complex by heterodimerizing with proteins of the Fos family
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, DNA Repair/Replication, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Pulverer B, et al. 1991. Nature. 353:670-4.
- Vogt P. 2001.Oncogene. 20:2365-77 .
- Brennan A, et al. 2020. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 39:184.
- Gene ID
- 3725 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Jun Phospho Ser73 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-Jun Phospho (Ser73)||A19012A/R/C||WB, ICC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.