- 5A3A39 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interferon regulatory factor 9 (IRF-9), Interferon-stimulated gene factor 3 gamma (ISGF-3 gamma), ISGF3 p48 subunit
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IRF9 is a member of the IRF family of transcription factors and plays an important role in IFN signaling pathways and anti-viral immune responses. Type I and type III interferon stimulation induces phosphorylation and heterodimerization of STAT1 and STAT2. The activated STAT1:STAT2 heterodimer recruits IRF9 and forms a heterotrimeric complex termed IFN-stimulated gene factor 3 (ISGF3). The ISGF3 complex, in turn, translocates to the nucleus and transactivates IFN-inducible genes. The IRF9 protein in the ISGF3 complex is responsible for the recognition of IFN-stimulated response elements (ISRE). Mice lacking IRF9 fail to induce the expression of IFN regulated genes in response to type I interferon stimulation, indicating that IRF9 is crucial in mediating interferon signaling.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human IRF9 recombinant protein (116-387 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- Affinity purified.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.4 - 2.5 µg per mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone does not react with mouse (in-house tested). A non-specific band was observed (around 37 KD) when this antibody was tested on Raw264.7 cells
AB_2563575 (BioLegend Cat. No. 660702)
- 393 amino acids, predicted molecular weight of 44 kD; contains a IRF tryptophan pentad repeat responsible for DNA binding.
Cytoplasm, phosphorylated form translocated to the nucleus.
- IRF9 is a transcription factor that mediates interferon signaling and activates the expression of interferon inducible genes.
- Forms the interferon-stimulated gene factor 3 complex (ISGF3) with Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription 1 (STAT1) and STAT2 in response to type I IFN stimulation.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Signal Transduction, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Fink K and Grandvaux N, 2013. JAKSTAT. 2:e27521.
2. Tsuno T, et al. 2009. J. Immunother. 32:803.
3. Thibault DL, et al. 2008. J. Clin. Invest. 118:1417.
4. Kraus TA, et al. 2003. J. Biol. Chem. 278:13033.
5. Xiao W, et al. 2001. J. Biol. Chem. 276:23275.
6. Veals SA, et al. 1992. Mol. Cell. Biol. 12:3315.
- Gene ID
- 10379 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IRF9 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.