- 7G11A45 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interferon regulatory factor 8, Interferon consensus sequence-binding protein (ICSBP)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IRF8 is a member of the IRF family of transcription factors, playing important roles in IFN signaling pathways and innate immune responses. It regulates hematopoietic cell growth and differentiation of macrophage and dendritic cells. Homozygous IRF8-deficient (IRF8-/-) mice have impaired production of interferon and IL-12, exhibit increased susceptibility to viral pathogens, and have marked expansion of granulocytes that results in a phenotype similar to chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML). IRF8 is also expressed in B lymphocytes, involved in differentiation and commitment of B cell lineage. The DNA-binding activity of IRF8 is significantly increased when interacting with other transcription factors, such as the other members of the IRF family and the ETS family transcription factors. Therefore, the transcriptional activity of IRF8 is dependent on the transcription factors with which it associates.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human IRF8 recombinant protein (116-220 a.a.)
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 1.0 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration of 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 5.0 - 20 μg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2562396 (BioLegend Cat. No. 656501)
AB_2562395 (BioLegend Cat. No. 656502)
- 426 amino acids, predicted molecular weight of 48 kD, contains a IRF tryptophan pentad repeat responsible for DNA binding and a C-terminal IRF association domain (IAD) responsible for heterodimerization with other transcription factors
- Transcription factor primarily expressed in hematopoietic cells, regulates expression of type I IFN and IFN-inducible genes in response to viral infection
- Interacts with BATF, JunB, TRIM21, and COPS2
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Minten C, et al. 2012. PLoS One. 7:e49851.
2. Xu H, et al. 2012. Nat. Immunol. 13:642.
3. Ouyang X, et al. 2011. Nat. Commun. 2:314.
4. Shin DM, et al. 2011. PLoS One. 6:e27384.
5. Wang H, et al. 2009. Immunol. Res. 43:109.
6. Qi CF, et al. 2009. Immunol. Res. 45:62.
- Gene ID
- 3394 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IRF8 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.