- 9B12.225 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Abeta-degrading protease, Insulin protease, Insulinase, Abeta-Degrading Protease
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Insulin degrading enzyme (IDE), also known as insulinase, insulin protease or insulysin, cleaves the peptide hormone insulin with consequences for insulin response and resistance. Since its discovery, IDE has been shown to degrade a variety of bioactive peptides. Recently the finding that IDE clears intracellular and extracellular amyloid products has spurred research into the link between IDE function and human neurodegenerative disease such as Alzheimer’s.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised against purified human erythrocyte IDE
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 10.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone 9B12.225 has been shown to detect a ~118 kD isoform in peripheral tissue and a second isoform at ~54 kD in brain tissue.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- RG Bennett, et al. 2000. Endocrinology. 141:2508. (WB)
- Chou YH, et al. 2009. FASEB J. 23:3734. (ICC) PubMed
AB_2728611 (BioLegend Cat. No. 921203)
AB_2728612 (BioLegend Cat. No. 921204)
- IDE is a 1019 amino acid protein with a molecular weight of ~ 118 kD.
Tissue distribution: Abundantly expressed in gastrointestinal tract, muscle and nervous system tissues.
Cellular distribution: Secreted, mitochondrion, peroxisome, nucleus, cytosol, and plasm membrane.
- IDE cleaves the peptide hormone insulin with consequences for insulin response and resistance. IDE is also the enzyme responsible for degradation and clearance of amyloid beta in the brain.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Trafficking and Clearance
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators, Proteases
- Antigen References
- Tang WJ. 2016. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 27(1):24.
- Jha NK, et al. 2015. J Alzheimers Dis. 48(4):891.
- Gene ID
- 3416 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Insulin Degrading Enzyme on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.