- 26.5 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Major Histocompatibility Complex Class I-related, HLALS
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
MHC-related protein 1, also known as MR1, is a nonclassical MHC class I molecule highly conserved in mammals, particularly in its α1/α2 domains. MR1 is required for the development and expansion of the mucosal-associated invariant T (MAIT) cells. The transcripts for MR1 are ubiquitously expressed, but its expression on the cell surface seems to be ligand-dependent. MR1 is involved in the presentation of vitamin-derived compounds from bacterial biosynthetic pathways.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat, Cross-Reactivity: Bovine (Cow)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Soluble complexes of MR1 ectodomain and B2M.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
ELISA, IP, Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications for the relevant formats include: blocking MR1-dependent activation of MAIT hybridomas, clones, or MAIT TCR-transduced cell lines1-6, detection of folded MR1 conformers3,7, and immunoprecipitation of MR1 from cell lysates7.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Young MH, et al. 2013. PLoS One. 8:e53789. (Block)
- Leeansyah E, et al. 2013. Blood 121:1124. (Block)
- Kjer-Nielsen L, et al. 2012. Nature 491:717. (Block, ELISA)
- Reantragoon R, et al. 2012. J. Exp. Med. 209:761. (Block, FC)
- Gold MC, et al. 2010. PLoS Biol. 8:e1000407. (Block, FC)
- Huang S, et al. 2009. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 106:8290. (Block, FC)
- Huang S, et al. 2005. J. Biol. Chem. 280:21183. (IP, ELISA, FC)
- Product Citations
AB_2562969 (BioLegend Cat. No. 361102)
- Member of the MHC class I family, 1 Ig-like C1-type domain, forms heterodimer with B-2 Microglobulin.
MR1 transcripts are ubiquitously expressed, but its expression in the cell surface seems to be ligand-dependent.
- Antigen presentation, required for development and expansion of the mucosal-associated invariant T (MAIT) cells.
- α-mannosyl ceramide derivatives, 6-formyl pterin, derivatives from bacterial riboflavin biosynthetic pathway).
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- MHC Antigens
- Antigen References
1. Gold MC and Lewinsohn DM. 2013. Nat. Rev. Microbiol. 11:14.
2. Young MH and Gapin L. 2013. Cell Res. 23:460.
3. Gold MC, et al. 2013. Mucosal Immunol. 6:35.
4. Meierovics A, et al. 2013. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 110:E3119.
- Gene ID
- 3140 View all products for this Gene ID 15064 View all products for this Gene ID 25119 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about MR1 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.